|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||2 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.17.2 (7 days ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Vanilla-friendly extension of weaponry. Not overhaul.
Adds alternate weaponry choices from mid-game, which is based on the alien science pack from “Schall Alien Loot” mod.
Balanced with vanilla weaponry, and extends end-game with MK3 weaponry (including powered armor and tanks).
Also adds two featured weapons from “Doom”: Plasma rifle, BFG 9000.
Studies on the alien materials (from Schall Alien Loot mod) have found out some unusual properties. Its most exciting use is the extraction of some high energy particles. While these particles are no match to uranium in terms of power production, their destructive capability have shown useful military applications, allowing a whole new system of particle weaponry.
The first way of utilizing the particles is to condense them into coherence, then launch in a beam form, called as "particle beam". Particle beam behaves like laser beam, but relying on both heat and electric charges tp damage the enemies. Later tests using a much larger scale of particle beams in parallel under project "mega particle beam", have shown a significantly difference macroscopic behaviour. Mega particle beam has shown an extreme increase in coherence and piercing power.
The second way of utilizing the particles involves compression the particles into a temporary ball form. This "particle cannonball" is unstable, so when it is perturbed by being touched by anything on its path, the deformed ball will release the energy in a damaging way. Later tests have found another critical point in a larger energy scale, allowing the cannonball to damage objects of a much larger area, under the codename "BFG".
Other ways include amplifying the static charges portion of the particle beam, stunning the enemies creating a "stasis beam" effect. An unknown but useful property is also found, where the target will be pushed back by an unknown force. While this "force cannon" do not deal significant damage to be considered as a major weapon, it could be useful to keep dangerous enemeies at bay, allowing other weapons to deal with them.
Devices on preparing, exciting, and firing of particles are bulky, to be made handheld uses. Particle weapons are installed to turrets, and tanks with enough sizes as well. Miniaturization has some limited success. Two prototype handheld guns have been made, namely "Plasma Rifle" and "BFG 9000". (This is to pay tribute to the classic game "Doom", and for its legendary guns.) Particle weaponry on modular equipment form (particle pods) is also possible, with the sacrifice of some power.
Revealing the secrets of alien materials, have also allowed a further improvement to the state-of-the-art power armor MK2. The brand-new power armor MK3 has better protection, while also has more slots to install additional modular equipment.
The technology is applied to the tanks as well, creating the tanks MK3 series. (Extension from tanks MK2 series in Schall Tank Platoon mod.) This includes the "conventional" tanks (which uses the old cannon technology), as well as the "new" tanks (which uses the particle weaponry).
The MK3 tanks are all installed with mini nuclear engine, giving much better mobility over the MK2 tanks.
Along with power armor MK3 and tanks MK3, the modular equipment has upgraded version as well, including the energy shield equipment, battery equipment, night vision equipment.
This mod also introduced military cargo truck, which has a very large inventory space, helping the players to grab back the alien artifacts and other loots back to base. There are also MK1 to MK3 variants.
Transmuting Excess Resources
There is a new late-game recipe, allowing players to convert excess uranium into iron and copper ores.
Each of these new additions are modular. If you feel some parts (like tanks MK3 series, or MK3 equipment) are too overpowered, they can be toggled off or adjusted, under "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Startup" tab.
For more details on the new items, please see the FAQ section.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
Planned Features & Needed Helps
- Stasis Field Generator for slowing ALL enemies in the area, similar function as current Stais Beam Turret.
- Some graphics (power armor MK3 sprite sheet) and weapons sound (like beam firing) are not in good form, now just borrowing similar vanilla resources.
- Suggestions and contributions are welcomed! Please leave me a message in Discussion section.
- Schall Alien Loot is strictly required, since the critical resources (alien artifact and alien science pack) of this mod are only given by it.
- Schall Tank Platoon is strictly required, since this mod is designed to be an extension to it.
- Schall Gun Pod is optional but highly recommended, since it is an extension mod in providing the ammo-consuming version of particle equipment.
- Schall Armoured Train is an extension mod, providing some stronger locomotives and cargo wagons with upgrades like the tanks from this mod.
- Schall Alien Mutation is recommended, since the new MK3 weaponry will give you a big advantage over the aliens. It will mutate some of the aliens resistant to fire and electric damage type, offering you some kind of challenge.
- Schall Endgame Evolution is highly recommended, since it introduces extra tiers of aliens. They are worthy enemies to test your powerful MK3 weaponry, offering you some real challenge! It is very tempting to kill these beasts, as their death rewards you with lucrative loots, scaled to their sizes. But beware! If you overdo by releasing the whole horde (have full settings with highest category X) and reaching very high evolution factor (say, 0.99), these "generous" aliens can become too hard to be handled, especially if you are not very well prepared!
- Schall Tank Woodcutting serves as a good addition, harvesting wood on your way of rolling over trees. The collected wood can be put into the new fuel cells to provide power for other vehicle equipment.
- Schall Remains & Pickup fits specially well for PvP servers. Destroying enemy tanks and chests will drop resources and equipment, allowing you to loot your human enemies!
- Schall Pickup Tower allows you to build structures to collect loots from your frontline automatically, streamlining your killing business into alien research and production.
This mod can co-exist with other Power Armor MK3 mods, since I have been carefully in avoiding these kind of potential naming conflicts.
- Vehicle Wagon Although graphics of tanks may not be consistent when put on wagon, they are recovered when unloaded from trains. An excellent mod for moving the fuel-hungry heavy tanks around.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message in Discussion section. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.)
- Tribute to the classic game Doom. Graphics and sound effects of plasma rifle and BFG are materials extracted from the game.
- Special thanks to YuokiTani for the sprite sheets of various turrets and cargo truck.
My Other Mods
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Overseas Railway Logistics
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods