|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||1 year, 4 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.18.4 (26 days ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.18|
Vanilla-friendly extension of weaponry. Not overhaul.
Adds alternate weaponry choices from mid-game, which is based on the alien science pack from “Schall Alien Loot” mod.
Balanced with vanilla weaponry, and extends end-game with MK3 weaponry (including powered armor and tanks).
Also adds two featured weapons from “Doom”: Plasma rifle, BFG 9000.
Studies on the alien materials (from Schall Alien Loot mod) have found out some unusual properties. Its most exciting use is the extraction of some high energy particles. While these particles are no match to uranium in terms of power production, their destructive capability have shown useful military applications, allowing a whole new system of particle weaponry.
The first way of utilizing the particles is to condense them into coherence, then launch in a beam form, called as "particle beam". Particle beam behaves like laser beam, but relying on both heat and electric charges tp damage the enemies. Later tests using a much larger scale of particle beams in parallel under project "mega particle beam", have shown a significantly difference macroscopic behaviour. Mega particle beam has shown an extreme increase in coherence and piercing power.
The second way of utilizing the particles involves compression the particles into a temporary ball form. This "particle cannonball" is unstable, so when it is perturbed by being touched by anything on its path, the deformed ball will release the energy in a damaging way. Later tests have found another critical point in a larger energy scale, allowing the cannonball to damage objects of a much larger area, under the codename "BFG".
Other ways include amplifying the static charges portion of the particle beam, stunning the enemies creating a "stasis beam" effect. An unknown but useful property is also found, where the target will be pushed back by an unknown force. While this "force cannon" do not deal significant damage to be considered as a major weapon, it could be useful to keep dangerous enemeies at bay, allowing other weapons to deal with them.
Devices on preparing, exciting, and firing of particles are bulky, to be made handheld uses. Particle weapons are installed to turrets, and tanks with enough sizes as well. Miniaturization has some limited success. Two prototype handheld guns have been made, namely "Plasma Rifle" and "BFG 9000". (This is to pay tribute to the classic game "Doom", and for its legendary guns.) Particle weaponry on modular equipment form (particle pods) is also possible, with the sacrifice of some power.
Particle weaponry is also available in the form of energy pods (function like the personal laser defense equipment). They can be used on vehicle grids only, and are powered by grid electricity system. Class restriction as listed:
- Particle beam pod: all tanks.
- Particle cannon pod: heavy tanks or above.
- Stasis beam pod: all vehicles and tanks.
- Force cannon pod: all vehicles and tanks.
Note that if Schall Gun Pod is installed together, ammo-consuming versions of the above listed particle pods are also available. They are superior in terms of firepower and special effects, at the sacrifice of needing ammo (energy clips).
Revealing the secrets of alien materials, have also allowed a further improvement to the state-of-the-art power armor MK2. The brand-new power armor MK3 has better protection, while also has more slots to install additional modular equipment.
The technology is applied to the tanks as well, creating the tanks MK3 series. (Extension from tanks MK2 series in Schall Tank Platoon mod.) This includes the "conventional" tanks (which uses the old cannon technology), as well as the "new" tanks (which uses the particle weaponry).
The MK3 tanks are all installed with mini nuclear engine, giving much better mobility over the MK2 tanks.
Along with power armor MK3 and tanks MK3, the modular equipment has upgraded version as well, including the energy shield equipment, battery equipment, night vision equipment.
This mod also introduced military cargo truck, which has a very large inventory space, helping the players to grab back the alien artifacts and other loots back to base. There are also MK1 to MK3 variants.
Transmuting Excess Resources
There is a new late-game recipe, allowing players to convert excess uranium into iron and copper ores.
Sending satellite to the space is the only way (in vanilla game) to produce space science pack. This mod has introduced much more expensive satellites that can produce more science pack in one go, thus more effective overall.
There are also biosatellites (conducting biological experiments in space) series. So pacifist players and megabase builders can use them as stable and reliable sources of alien science pack.
Sturdier Uranium Wall
Uranium wall and gate have better health and slighly better resistance ratings than their concrete or stone counterparts. They also serve as a place for your depleted uranium.
Efficient Uranium Mining Drill
Uranium mining drill is a late-game upgrade for your mining drills. The drill head is strengthened with depleted uranium for higher mining efficiency. Consumes less deposit, and have built-in producitivty bonus to improves overall production. Another use of your depleted uranium stockpiles.
Each of these new additions are modular. If you feel some parts (like tanks MK3 series, or MK3 equipment) are too overpowered, they can be toggled off or adjusted, under "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Startup" tab.
For more details on the new items, please see the FAQ section.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
Planned Features & Needed Helps
- Some graphics (power armor MK3 sprite sheet) and weapons sound (like beam firing) are not in good form, now just borrowing similar vanilla resources.
- Suggestions and contributions are welcomed! Please leave me a message in Discussion section.
- Schall Alien Loot is strictly required, since the critical resources (alien artifact and alien science pack) of this mod are only given by it.
- Schall Tank Platoon is strictly required, since this mod is designed to be an extension to it.
- Schall Gun Pod is optional but highly recommended, since it is an extension mod in providing the ammo-consuming version of particle equipment.
- Schall Armoured Train is an extension mod, providing some stronger locomotives and cargo wagons with upgrades like the tanks from this mod.
- Schall Missile Command is an extension mod, providing strategic missiles (e.g., atomic MRV missile) and countermeasures.
- Schall Geowarfare is an extension mod, providing additional strategic missile types that are so powerful to alter or destroy terrain to you will.
- Schall Transport Group is optional but highly recommended, since it puts vehicle-related items into a new group tab, making the crafting menu more tidy.
- Schall Starting Inventory is optional but useful, since it allows adjusting starting invenotry, like a light tank MK3 and a plasma rifle as initial items.
- Schall Alien Mutation is recommended, since the new MK3 weaponry will give you a big advantage over the aliens. It will mutate some of the aliens resistant to fire and electric damage type, offering you some kind of challenge.
- Schall Endgame Evolution is highly recommended, since it introduces extra tiers of aliens. They are worthy enemies to test your powerful MK3 weaponry, offering you some real challenge! It is very tempting to kill these beasts, as their death rewards you with lucrative loots, scaled to their sizes. But beware! If you overdo by releasing the whole horde (have full settings with highest category X) and reaching very high evolution factor (say, 0.99), these "generous" aliens can become too hard to be handled, especially if you are not very well prepared!
- Schall Tank Woodcutting serves as a good addition, harvesting wood on your way of rolling over trees. The collected wood can be put into the new fuel cells to provide power for other vehicle equipment.
- Schall Remains & Pickup fits specially well for PvP servers. Destroying enemy tanks and chests will drop resources and equipment, allowing you to loot your human enemies!
- Schall Pickup Tower allows you to build structures to collect loots from your frontline automatically, streamlining your killing business into alien research and production.
- Schall Inserters has introduced a more durable inserter series, together with longer reach variants. If you lost a lot of inserters (which are feeding ammo to turrets) to spitter AoE acid splash, you will find these armoured inserters much more suitable for the role!
- Schall Oil Fuel provides alternate fuel sources. The otherwise useless (in 0.17) heavy oil and light oil become fuel when barreled, usable on tanks and trucks.
This mod can co-exist with other Power Armor MK3 mods, since I have been carefully in avoiding these kind of potential naming conflicts.
- Vehicle Wagon Although graphics of tanks may not be consistent when put on wagon, they are recovered when unloaded from trains. An excellent mod (updated to 0.16 only) for moving the fuel-hungry heavy tanks around. For 0.17, Vehicle Wagon 2 should be used instead.
- SuperSandro2000 has made a WIP compatibility mod for AngelBobs players. For example, there are Power Armor MK3 both in Bob's and this mod (though defined differently). In case you want to enable tanks MK3 but disable Power Armor MK3 of this mod, then you may want to try that.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Russian / Русский (ru) by John_TheCF
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.)
- Tribute to the classic game Doom. Graphics and sound effects of plasma rifle and BFG are materials extracted from the game.
- Special thanks to YuokiTani for the sprite sheets of various turrets and cargo truck.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Overseas Railway Logistics
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods