Adds buildings that automatically collect items on ground.
Extra building type named "Pickup tower" is introduced by this mod. It does a very simple but useful thing, collect items around the tower and put them into the storage. You can use inserters or loaders (from other mods) to put items onto the belts or logistics chest for further use.
Pickup tower is unlocked after its named tech, after electric energy distribution 2 tech (substation).
The pickup tower comes with four variants:
|Tier||Pickup Range (m)||Pickup Interval (s)||Energy Consumption (MW)||Energy per Pick (MJ)|
The tower is actually radar in disguise, although it does little in revealing nearby area. When enough power is accumulated (using the vanilla radar mechanic), the pickup command is issued.
Beware do not deploy more than you need. These towers will consume more power than the radars!
By default only tiers I and II towers are available, as range 64 should already be well enough for vanilla gameplay.
If tier III and/or IV towers are needed (say, to match with very long range turrets from some mods), they can be made available under "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Startup" tab, option "Highest tier Pickup tower".
This mod does not use on_tick handler, so should be more UPS-friendly.
Yet, tier III and IV towers are covering such a wide area that the scanning will take exponentially more CPU time, which may cause noticeable slowdown. So please use towers of lowest tiers whenever suitable. (For example, pickup tower II is enough for a turret with range 40. No need to go tier III or IV.)
From 0.17.4 onwards, you may also use circuit network signals as filters on each pickup tower. Please see FAQ section on instructions.
From 0.17.5 onwards, enabling pickup range will render visible/hidden rectangles, which are stored in save files. Before removing this mod, please go to "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Map" tab, tick option "Force disable pickup range rendering" checkbox, then save your game. This should allow a clean uninstallation.
- Schall Alien Loot gives loots when aliens are killed. It is best to deploy the pickup towers behind the turrets, so those loots are fed into your resources line automatically!
- Schall Belt Configuration allows increasing the belt speed, making the belts useful even in the late-game. It also allows hidden vanilla loaders to be unlocked, ideal for taking items from pick towers.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
- Russian / Русский (ru) by velas85
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.
- Special thanks to YuokiTani for the sprite sheet of pickup tower.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General / Balancing
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Autolinked Chest Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains / Info
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Entity Inspector Info / Manufacture
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Modules Manufacture / Balancing
- Schall Module Placement Helper Mods / Manufacture
- Schall Satellite Controller Info / Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Arachnid Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Defense
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Big Mods
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies / Balancing
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies / Info
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Mining / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods