Adds scaled up version of recipes, in order to get around the game limitation (60 crafting per second) faced by very high speed machines. This allows for true mass production under healthy UPS.
Designed for supporting scaled up machines from “Schall Machine Scaling” mod.
To achieve healthy UPS by using less entities for production, mods like Schall Machine Scaling provided machines over various speed range. As the machine crafting speed goes up, however, each of them will meet the barrier of 60 crafting per second, which is due to the game engine limitation. (Please see the following "Note" section.)
This mod helps to get around this limitation, by introducing an extra set of recipes. These scaled-up recipes are multiplied by a common factor (named as "Recipe multiplier" in this mod, can be set in mod options), which have the crafting time, ingredients, products all multiplied by the same scale. These recipes have much higher crafting time (called "RT" in the above-mentioned article), so can be used in the higher speed machines.
Note that the machine output slots are capped by the item stack size, exactly as one stack max. (For example, 100 iron gear wheel, 200 electronic circuit, 1 car.) This mod is smart enough to adjust to lower multiplier values to fit with each item stack size.
With “Schall Machine Scaling” and this mod working together, you can process items at very high rate, yet with minimal number of entities. This will help you to achieve true mass production, while maintaing healthy UPS in your megabases.
FAQ section shows some use cases, demonstrating how these mods will benefit your megabases!
Upon enabling this mod, an extra set of recipes would be added to your game. They are designed as machine-only recipes, so will not appear in player handcrafting menu. You will only see them in the specified machines, which are set in options "Machines using scaled recipes", under "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Startup" tab.
Default value is
"*-MS-$", which supports all overtier machines of +3 or above, from Schall Machine Scaling mod. This field can be modified or added. Just be sure all entries are separated by comma and space. Supports most Lua patterns, can use
* as wildcard.
In the technology interface, you will see the recipe unlocks in "Effects" section are duplicated for all recipes: one as vanilla, a new one as the scaled recipe. In the "Made in" section, lists of machines using the scaled recipe are listed. So this tooltip can help you to see if the settings are as what you wanted, if you choose to change the mod options.
Very high tier machines may NOT work at theoretical rate. This is due to limitation by game engine, only 1 crafting per tick for each machine, or equivalently 60 crafting per second.
This limit is not visible for recipes with longer time. For example, this does not come into effect for rocket fuel (30 s) made by assembling machine 3 up to overtier +5 (without modules). Recipes of very short time, like iron gear wheel (0.5 s) would have limited crafting speed from overtier +3.
Any high tiers would still have the same output rate, but wasting unneeded power.
For a quick reference of what overtiers to be used, or an in-depth analysis of production rate limitation, please see the Schall Machine Scaling FAQ section.
This mod does not modify any existing content to the save files. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Machine Scaling is optional but highly recommended, since this mod is created to support the overtier machines in them. They are fully supported by the default value
"*-MS-$"in option "Machines using scaled recipes".
- Schall Pipe Scaling is optional but highly recommended, since the high flow rates pipes and pumps are extremely useful for the heat exchangers and steam turbines. Use together to improve UPS of your megabase even further!
- Schall Belt Configuration allows adjusting properties like belt speed and underground belt distance. Also option to "unhide" vanilla loaders.
This mod can potentially support any machines from any mods. All you need to do, is to set the correct pattern strings in option "Machines using scaled recipes". Just be sure all entries are separated by comma and space. Supports most Lua patterns, such as using
* as wildcard.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods