|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||24 days ago|
|Latest Version:||0.16.0 (24 days ago)|
A minimalistic mod allowing changing vanilla belt settings, including belt speed and underground belt max distance.
Also adds options on unlocking loaders.
Feel the vanilla transport belts being too slow, especially when compared to the logistics bots?
Feel the express transport belts still inferior to logistics bots, regarding its cost?
Want to scale belt speeds to other mods?
Want the underground belts to go further?
Want to use the vanilla loaders, without adding any new entities to save memory usage?
If you have any of these wishes, this mod is for you!
This mod does NOT add any new items or entities to your game, so will not use extra memory or take longer loading time.
This mod allows editing belt settings from the options menu, under "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Startup" tab.
For current base game version (0.16.51), the basic transport belt has the base speed. (For belt physics, please see this document.)
In short, the base speed of 13.33 items/s is used to define the speed scale = 1. The fast and express belts being speed 26.67 and 40 items/s, have speed scale of 2 and 3 accordingly.
This mod allows you to freely set the speed scales. You can set any numbers you want, even with non-integral numbers. It is advised to use one of the following sets though.
|Belt Type||Vanilla Speed Scale||Suggested Scale I||Suggested Scale II|
|Basic||1 (13.33 items/s)||1.5 (20 items/s)||1 (13.33 items/s)|
|Fast||2 (26.67 items/s)||3 (40 items/s)||3 (40.00 items/s)|
|Express||3 (40.00 items/s)||6 (80 items/s)||9 (120.00 items/s)|
Beware that if speed is too high, say scale 16 (213.33 items/s), many things including the belts will glitch and not working in some way.
- At scale 9 (120 items/s), even fast inserters are not fast enough to grab items from non-full belts. You may want to reserve such high speed for mainbus, using splitters to divert to lower speed belt for production input.
- Up to scale 9 (120 items/s), loaders can still catch up. Loaders will stay at this loading speed even with higher belt speed, due to engine limitation.
- At scale 12 (160 items/s), splitters is still working fine. They may stop working and blocks if set to be higher. This mod has a soft safety limit at this scale.
- At scale 16 (213.33 items/s), even the belts will glitch (non-full belts). If you want to test the "limit" of the game engine, you may edit the settings file with a text editor and test yourself.
The underground belts of 3 tiers can go maximum distances of 5, 7 and 9 respectively, in the base game. Two suggested settings are listed below.
|Belt Type||Vanilla Distance||Suggested I||Suggested II|
A loader is an entity placed between a belt and a container (e.g., chest, assembling machine). It transfers items between them, depending on the direction of placement. Inserters do have similar role, but loaders perform at the speed of the belt.
The base game have three hidden entities: loaders of three belt speeds. They exist in the code, but hidden because of "balance" concerns.
This mod set the speed of loaders to change accordingly, and provide the options to allow them for players' use. The three tiers of loaders are unlocked by the three logistics technologies (just like the belts, underground belts, and splitters). The default is off. You will need to check the "Enable Loaders" option to enable them.
In case you have already installed other mod introducing loaders, you should keep this option off.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
The main purpose of this mod is to allow modifying speed of vanilla belts. So if any mods remove and/or rename the vanilla belts, this mod is not needed anyway...
If any other mods unhide the vanilla loaders, they should take precedence. Therefore, please uncheck "Enable Loaders" option of this mod, under "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Startup" tab, to avoid "double unlocks" on the loaders. Apart from that, these mods should work together.
- Loader Redux is fully compatible. Just be sure to uncheck "Enable Loaders" option. It has some cool features like loader snapping, and has cool graphics too (replacing the vanilla placeholder graphics)!
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.) That will be included in the next version.
My Other Mods
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Overseas Railway Logistics
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods