Various additions and changes about modules that may improve gameplay.
Options including allow using productivity modules with beacons, efficiency modules buff, enable multicomponent modules, etc.
Multicomponent modules are expensive but powerful. Each of them offers the combined effects of multiple constituent modules, while still using only one single slot.
Feeling vanilla efficiency modules are too weak, and you never used them?
Wanting to use productivity modules in beacons?
Being indecisive on which modules to use in your machines?
Having lots of resources, and wanting some expensive & powerful (yet non-cheaty) way to boost your factory?
This mod brings some solutions to the above situations, which includes some minor changes (configurable through mod options) and a new set of modules (called multicomponent modules), as introduced below.
- Allow productivity effects with beacons: Allow vanilla productivity modules (and possibly many others from various mods) to be placed in beacons.
- Efficiency modules buff: Increases their capabilities, so becoming more tempting to be used.
- Enable multicomponent modules: Adding new types of modules to the game. Please see below for details.
- Multicomponent module effect strength: Asymptotic limit of effect strength in multicomponent modules. Higher values reflect more components can be "stacked" together in the same module slot.
- Recipe limitations All-purpose module: All-purpose module is the most expensive yet most powerful set of modules introduced by this mod. This option determines whether it should be usable only on recipes of intermediates, like other productivity modules.
This mod allows combining multiple component modules to form a composite module.
Currently, this mod has introduced bicomponent and tricomponent modules, which are composed of two or three vanilla modules as components respectively.
The composite modules will have the combined (but slightly reduced) effects of their components.
For example, a "Productivity-speed module" will have the combined effect of both "Productivity module" and "Speed module", but using one module slot only!
Each individual effect will be weaker than its source, due to interference and size concern (for realism, and for balancing sake). The preserved effect strength is determined by option Multicomponent module effect strength.
All-purpose module, the only type of tricomponent module, requiring each of the "Productivity module", "Speed module" and "Efficiency module" to craft one. It is the most expensive yet most powerful set of modules introduced by this mod, yet its component efficiency is further lower than the bicomponent componets. So allowing usage on any recipes (as default option of Recipe limitations All-purpose module) will make it a worthwhile upgrade, when players have too much resources especially in the late game.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Module Placement is a small helper mod allowing module placement into multiple machines with just a single selection.
- Schall Entity Inspector has a direct and clean ingame GUI, to display production rates of various machines (including most machines of this mod). Speed and productivity effects from modules and beacons are also supported. Clearly showing the actual effects of modules of this mod.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.)
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General / Balancing
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Autolinked Chest Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains / Info
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Entity Inspector Info / Manufacture
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Modules Manufacture / Balancing
- Schall Module Placement Helper Mods / Manufacture
- Schall Satellite Controller Info / Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Arachnid Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Defense
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Big Mods
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies / Balancing
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies / Info
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Mining / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods