|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||6 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.18.0 (12 days ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.17 - 0.18|
A few functions about map chart tags.
Includes alignment to chunks, auto-append position or chunk coordinates to tag text.
In vanilla game, there is no way to have map chart tag icons being aligned nor close-packed. This prevents players (including me) to construct proper "flags" in the Earth map scenario. (The game prevents placing chart tags from being close to each other.)
Ans surprising, there are NO current mods (at least on mod portal) that help adjusting map chart tags. Not to say such specific functions.
So I created this mod. Now the icons of chart tags would fit nicely together. There are also other benefits like they are now aligned to chunks, and close-packed. Therefore, the "flags" become much nicer in both map mode and minimap.
Being aligned to chunks see another use: planning of base, especially for OCD players.
Position or chunk coordinates can be automatically inserted to their text, upon creation of chart tags.
Types of coordinates system, order of text, and even format of coordinates text can be selected. So you can customize with "+/-", "N/E/S/W", or in your own language to show coordinates in your favourite style!
Here are definitions of some important terms in this mod:
- Position coordinates are the set of coordinates used to denote position of every entity by the game internally. They are in the form of (x, y) pairs and in units of tiles.
- Chunk coordinates are the set of coordinates used to denote position of each chunk. Although they seems not involved in gameplay, they become important when comes to placement of radars to maximize radar coverage. They are also in the form of (x, y) pairs and in units of chunks (=32 tiles). There are (currently) two variants used in this mod.
- Chunk (point) coordinates is one of the variants. It shares the same point (spawn point) with Position coordinates as origin (0,0). Therefore, the conversion from that is very simple, just divide that by 32. Ironically, the origin is NOT within a chunk, but actually at the corner of four neighbouring chunks... So the remark (point / corner) is used to denote this variant.
- Chunk (area) coordinates is the more complex but more useful variants. Since usage of chunks is mainly related to radar placement/coverage, it is much more useful to define centre of a chunk as "origin chunk". Whatever chunk is selected as "origin" can be calibrated with Schall Radar Alignment, therefore this feature becomes available ONLY when this mod is also enabled.
This mod does not change anything to the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Current game API (0.17.60) does not allow moving existing map chart tags (overwrite tag position). This mod is usually a "clone-edit-remove" approach and have position checks to detect whether the tags are placed by this mod or not. So coordinates may not appear in tag text, when players click "too accurately" on an aligned position.
- Schall Radar Alignment is optional but recommended, since these two mods can work together! The calibrated chunk coordinates can be displayed on map tags, having better planning for your OCD base!
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Overseas Railway Logistics
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods