|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||5 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.17.6 (26 days ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Adds sturdier (armour and vehicle grid) versions of locomotive, cargo wagon and fluid wagon.
Also adds unarmoured nuclear-powered locomotive.
This mod provides more defense and vehicle grids to trains. It can be seen as a continuation of Schall Tank Platoon and Schall Alien Tech mods, where the upgrades of power armors are applied to vehicles.
Armoured locomotives are the same as vanilla locomotives in most aspects, except they are sturdier. These include more health, better resistances, available vehicle grid, at the cost of being much heavier and more costly to make.
Because of these, they are NOT direct replacements of vanilla locomotives. Armoured locomotives are best for trains which may go deep into enemy territory, or you "exploratory" train. Vanilla locomotives are still the better in the "safe" area.
Armoured Cargo Wagons
Armoured cargo wagons act in the same way as vanilla cargo wagons. They are made sturdier like the armoured locomotives. However, the cargo capacity is halved (20 slots) in order to make space for various armour upgrades.
Like the armoured locomotives, you may reserve this only to the frontline trains. Vanilla cargo wagons are still the better in the "safe" area.
Armoured Fluid Wagons
Armoured fluid wagons are introduced per user request. They act in the same way as vanilla fluid wagons. They are made sturdier like the armoured cargo wagons. However, the fluid capacity is greatly reduced (10,000) in order to make space for various armour upgrades.
Like the armoured cargo wagons, you may reserve this only to the frontline trains. Vanilla fluid wagons are still the better in the "safe" area.
Armoured locomotive MK3 is nuclear-powered, like other MK3 vehicles from Schall Tank Platoon mod. Since some players (including myself) may want to use nuclear-powered locomotive for "civilian" daily transportation in the safe area, an unarmoured version is also introduced!
Compared to vanilla locomotive, the nuclear-powered locomotive is heavier (+50%) for the weight of nuclear reactor, but also has triple power output! Vanilla uranium fuel cell is the default fuel, which can be used for an extreme long time but no speed nor acceleration bonus. Particle fuel cell (from Schall Alien Tech mod) can provide the extra speed and acceleration for express transportation, at the expense of life span of fuel cell.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Armoured drasines: Like in the history, these are tanks fitted with railroad wheels. They can be used independently to patrol the railroads. Another use would be jointed together as "fast reactionary" battle train, or attached to artillery train as "guards". However, no guns are supported to locomotives or wagons currently, so this role would better be filled by armoured locomotives with defense/gun pods installed.
- Schall Tank Platoon is strictly required, since the vehicle grid system is provided by it.
- Schall Alien Tech is optional but recommended. The MK3 upgrades of armoured locomotives and cargo wagons will only appear if this mod is installed.
- Transport Group is optional but highly recommended, since it puts vehicle-related items into a new group tab, making the crafting menu more tidy.
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia is a graphics skin DLC. Options on replacing graphics of vanilla locomotive, nuclear-powered locomotive, armoured locomotives, or any mix of above, with nostalgic graphics used till 0.12.
- Schall Gun Pod is an extension mod, introducing several ammo-consuming turret equipment, designed to work with tanks. Still, the armoured locomotives and cargo wagons can mount some of these gun pods.
- Schall Overseas Railway allows construction of rails over water tiles. Nice and easy way to explore overseas!
- Vehicle Wagon would be an excellent addition to this mod! Attach some of these vehicle wagons to your train, and mount some tanks on them. Good for fast reaction to enemy attacks, or throwing your expeditions units to the front line!
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.)
My Other Mods
- Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Overseas Railway Logistics
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods