“Perpetual machines” are hypothetical machines that can operate without external energy sources (e.g., fuel and power).
This mod allows you to create equivalent perpetual machines at a cost, by installing an expensive but infinite energy source on burner machines.
Inserters, furnaces (or whatever) that can operate without fuel or power? These are called “perpetual machines”, which are hypothetical in reality so does not exist. It is impossible for a machine to work indefinitely without an energy source.
But how about in game? How about installing an infinite energy source to the machine, so they will work like perpetual machines effectively?
This mod allows one to create this kind of machines at a cost, by installing an expensive but infinite energy source.
The perpetual engine is the infinite energy source provided by this mod. It is crafted from a few vanilla items and alien artifacts, provided by Schall Alien Loot. Each perpetual engine can generate up to 100 kW (configurable through options).
Perpetual engine is not used directly, but have to be installed on various machines, as mentioned in section below.
The idea of perpetual engine is inspired by S²機関 (S² Engine or Super Solenoid Engine) of the Japanese anime 『新世紀エヴァンゲリオン』 (Neon Genesis Evangelion). The S² Engine is an unlimited energy source to each of the giant Angels and mecha, which is located within its core.
Analogous to S² Engine being extracted from the core of Angels, in this mod the perpetual engine is mostly made from alien artifact (which is considered the core part of aliens).
After killing some higher tier aliens and using their alien artifact to craft some perpetual engines. Now comes to next part.
This mod allows installing (as new crafting recipes) perpetual engines to various machines that are consuming chemical fuel as energy source. These include burner machines (e.g., burner inserter, burner mining drill), stone furnace, boiler, car, locomotive in the vanilla game, and possibly also a lot of entities from other mods too. The supported types are configurable in mod options (under "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Startup").
If the power consumption of the burner machine is higher than the power output of a single perpetual engine, then it will takes multiple perpetual engines (as reflected in crafting ingredients).
The perpetual machines (all are prefixed by "∞" in their names) no longer requires any fuel. Do note that, however, as vehicles do not take any fuel, they do not benefit from fuel bonus neither. So their vehicle performance (acceleration and top speed) are not comparable to those powered by high grade fuel.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Alien Loot is strictly required, since the critical resources (alien artifact and tech) of this mod are given by it.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General / Balancing
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains / Info
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Arachnid Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Defense
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Big Mods
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies / Balancing
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies / Info
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Mining / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods