Options on replacing graphics of vanilla locomotive, nuclear-powered locomotive, armoured locomotives, or any mix of above, with nostalgic graphics used till 0.12.
As per request of player DTSephiroth, I have digged out the sprite sheets of the old game 0.12.
Although the request was to apply these sheets to armoured locomotives of my Schall Armoured Train mod, I have all individual options so to apply on vanilla locomotive and the unarmoured nuclear-powered locomotive as well. All up to your choice!
And one more reason: nostalgia!
Simply apply the sprite sheets of 0.12 locomotives. No modifications, no PS touching, simple as that.
There is length inconsistency too! Dimensions are right when vertical, but appears longer when horizontal. (That was why devs decided to make a new model in 0.13.)
So do NOT ask me to fix this! I am simply applying the original sheets. I am neither graphics artist nor 3D modeller.
Since 0.17.2 / 0.18.1, sprite sheets of mask layer are added, so supporting tint of locomotive colours. (Colour change was not an option in original sprite sheets, during base game 0.12. It was always having the default light red colour.
This is a simple graphics replacement mod, does not change any actual content of your game.
Go to "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Startup" tab, then choose which locomotives you want to get changed with 0.12 nostalgic graphics.
This mod do not modify any existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Armoured Train is strictly required! This DLC is dedicated for this mod after all!
- Schall Tank Platoon is strictly required, since it is the parent mod providing all the vehicle grid system.
- Schall Alien Tech optional but recommended. The armoured locomotive MK3 comes from it.
- Schall Transport Group is optional but highly recommended, since it puts vehicle-related items into a new group tab, making the crafting menu more tidy.
- Schall Gun Pod is an extension mod, introducing several ammo-consuming turret equipment, designed to work with tanks. Still, the armoured locomotives and cargo wagons can mount some of these gun pods.
- Schall Railway Controller provides an easy to use GUI to help users finding and managing the trains. No longer need to spend time and guess which is the train you are looking for!
- Schall Overseas Railway allows construction of rails over water tiles. Nice and easy way to explore overseas!
- Vehicle Wagon would be an excellent addition (updated to 0.16 only) to this mod! Attach some of these vehicle wagons to your train, and mount some tanks on them. Good for fast reaction to enemy attacks, or throwing your expeditions units to the front line! For 0.17, Vehicle Wagon 2 should be used instead.
- Schall Oil Fuel provides alternate fuel sources. The otherwise useless (in 0.17) heavy oil and light oil become fuel when barreled, usable on locomotives.
- Schall Perpetual Machine provides some infinite energy source (though expensive) that can be installed on locomotives, no longer consumes any fuel to operate!
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.)
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods