|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||6 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.17.3 (a month ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Adds several bullet-consuming defense equipment.
Designed for vehicle grids, function as gun pods (external mount guns) like in modern military aircrafts. Suitable for moving turret creep tactics.
Also adds dedicated pods for armoured trains.
Bored by using personal laser defense equipment only?
Want some defense equipment not using power?
Want the autocannons (from Schall Tank Platoon mod) autofiring?
Want to do turret creeping, without having to construct and deconstruct (and place poles or bullets) at the time?
Then I proudly present this mod for you! This mod fulfills all these wishes!
This mod provides the following gun pods:
- Gun pod (or MG Pod): using bullets as ammo. (Shared by pistol, SMG, tank machine gun, etc.)
- Minigun pod: using bullets as ammo. (Shared by pistol, SMG, tank machine gun, etc.)
- Sniper pod: using bullets as ammo. (Shared by pistol, SMG, tank machine gun, etc.)
- Rocket pod: using rockets as ammo. (Shared by rocket launcher, rocket artillery.)
- Autocannon pod (20 mm): using autocannon shells as ammo. (Shared by light tank autocannon.)
- Cannon pod (75 mm): using cannon shells as ammo. (Shared by medium tank cannon.)
- Flamethrower pod: using flamethrower fuel as ammo. (Shared by flamethrower, tank flamethrower.)
This mod provides the following ammo-consuming particle pods, if Schall Alien Tech mod is installed:
- Particle beam pod.
- Particle cannon pod.
- Stasis beam pod.
- Force cannon pod.
This mod provides the following ammo-consuming train gun pods, if Schall Armoured Train mod is installed:
- Train minigun pod.
- Train autocannon pod (20 mm).
- Train cannon pod (75 mm).
Placing Gun Pods
Place into vehicle equipment grid like other equipment. Note that the "empty" gun pods cannot be placed into grid directly. They have to be loaded with their respectively ammo first (via crafting, like crafting a fully loaded gun pod).
Also note that there is class restriction as listed:
- Rocket pod: all vehicles and tanks.
- Gun pod (or MG Pod): all tanks.
- Minigun pod: medium tanks or above.
- Sniper pod: all tanks.
- Autocannon pod (20 mm): medium tanks or above.
- Cannon pod (75 mm): heavy tanks or above.
- Flamethrower pod: heavy tanks or above.
- Particle beam pod: all tanks.
- Particle cannon pod: heavy tanks or above.
- Stasis beam pod: all vehicles and tanks.
- Force cannon pod: all vehicles and tanks.
- Train minigun pod: armoured locomotives.
- Train autocannon pod (20 mm): armoured locomotives.
- Train cannon pod (75 mm): UNUSED YET.
Therefore, cannon pods cannot be mounted on a light tank. A heavy tank, however, can have any types of gun pods.
Train pods are usable only on armoured trains from Schall Armoured Train.
About Energy Consumption...
On hovering mouse cursor over the gun pods, you will see "energy consumption" values. That is not case, as all the gun pods from this mod neither consume nor charge from batteries or generators.
The "electricity" bar, however, is a useful information, since it indicates how much ammo is left in the gun pod. The bar shortens according to how many times the gun pod has fired. A MG pod has 1000 shots, while a rocket pod has 100 shots. When the bar depletes, the gun pods will no longer fire.
All gun pods automatically fires when enemies get in range. Note that the ranges are shorter (about 2/3) than their original counterparts. This is done so, since they are kind-of supplementary or self-defense guns rather than as well-placed main armament. This nerf is necessary for balancing. (Think about a heavy-tank with multiple cannon pods. If they all have full range, who can get close to it? Imagine it appears on enemy team in a PvP game!)
The damage and shooting speed, however, are fully preserved. All gun pods also benefit from the same upgrades as their original guns and ammo.
Unloading Gun Pods
Since the "electricity" is not intended to be used as ammo bar in vanilla game, removing a partially/fully filled gun pod will not return the remaining ammo to the inventory, if clicking on the equipment directly.
Therefore, this mod introduced a unload gun pod hotkey (default: Control-L) to unload all gun pods from grid you are opening. (Any other equipment such as battery, shields are unaffected.)
Here is an example showing the introduced features. We now have 3 groups of gun pods like in the picture. The group of 2 gun pods (MG pods) are both half-full (500/1000 bullets, or 50/100 magazines each). The group of 3 rocket pods are all full (100 rockets each). The group of 2 autocannon pods are also full (1000 shells, or 100 magazines each).
On pressing the hotkey (default: Control-L), all gun pods are unloaded, returning unused ammo together with empty gun pods back to the inventory. Counts on returned ammo are displayed in the message area. The empty gun pods can be reused via crafting.
Since 0.17.1, if player is on the train, the unload action will be performed on ALL carriages. Flying texts will notify where the unload occured.
Reloading Gun Pods
There is a reload gun pod hotkey (default: Shift-L) introduced, to fill partially filled or empty gun pods if there are ammo of the same types in player's inventory. Using this feature, it is no longer needed to unload gun pods, craft to load gun pods, and place them back to inventory. These three steps are replaced by a single hotkey.
Using the same example, if we do not unload but press the reload hotkey (default: Shift-L), ammo are taken from inventory to fill the partially-filled gun pods, as shown in the picture.
Since 0.16.2, you can also reload/unload pods without opening the inventory screen. Just press the hotkey any time during driving.
Since 0.17.1, if player is on the train, the reload action will be performed on ALL carriages. Flying texts will notify where the reload occured.
From 0.17.1 onwards, shortcuts are also introduced. They are equilvalent to pressing the above-mentioned hotkeys.
For more details and stats of all gun pods, please see the FAQ section.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Tank Platoon is strictly required, since these gun pods are designed to be installed into vehicle equipment grids, which is provided by this mod.
- Schall Ammo Turrets is strictly required, since the tech prerequisites and recipes are based on the turrets, after adjustments in 0.16.2.
- Schall Alien Tech is optional but recommended. The ammo-consuming particle pods are extension to this mod, thus will only appear if this mod is installed.
- Schall Armoured Train is optional but recommended. Some dedicated train gun pods are dedicated to the armoured locomotives of this mod. These gun pods will only appear if this mod is installed.
- Transport Group is optional but highly recommended, since it puts vehicle-related items into a new group tab, making the crafting menu more tidy.
- Schall Alien Mutation has introduced some laser-resistant against your personal laser defense. These gun pods are the best to deal with them!
The gun pods may or may not be placeable on vehicles from other mods. If you have any favourite vehicles wanting to be supported, please leave me a message in the Discussion section.
- Aircraft Gun pods and rocket pods can be installed to those aircrafts. Heavier pods cannot be used, since I guess it is not reasonable to have cannon pods in a fast jet.
- HeavyTank 2° Gen has some similar ammo turret equipment dedicated for those completely new tanks. But it has its own script to handle placement, so ammo unload/reload features are not supported yet.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Russian / Русский (ru, 90%) by John_TheCF
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.) That will be included in the next version.
My Other Mods
- Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Overseas Railway Logistics
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods