Adjustable starting inventory.
Options on types and amount of weapons, ammo, armour, vehicles, bots, mining drills, furnaces, assembling machines, oil refineries, nuclear reactors, and many more.
Designed for accelerated start: from skipping manual production, burner age, up to giving the most advanced items.
Support items of Schall mod series.
In case you want to start with items already available (either for roleplaying purposes, accelerated start to skip the handcrafting age or burner age, or simply cheating a bit to mess around), you can adjust them with this mod, under start menu, go into "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Map" tab.
Most important items should already be included in the options, e.g., weapons, power armours, vehicles, production machines and power generators. Types and amount (in unit of stacks) of items can all be selected.
From 0.17.12 / 0.18.6 / 1.0.2 / 1.1.1 onwards, it is also possible to add ANY items to the starting inventory, by specifying the name and quantity for each item entry. The item name should be internal name (NOT localised name), like
raw-fish for raw fish,
iron-plate for iron plate, etc. This can be found using in-game F5 Debug mode, reading prototype code, or many other means.
Upon starting a new game (or first time joining a multiplayer game), the above selected items would all be in your inventory!
Respawned / Revived players do NOT get these items again. Otherwise, players may die intentionally to get the items for free, which will ruin the gameplay completely.
This is also the reason not to set too many advanced items to start with, even in a singleplayer game. Or your game would then be very unchallenging!
In case some scenarios are replacing the starting inventory of this mod, you can use in-game console to input command
/starting-inventory to get the inventory in place. This command only works on first 5 minutes of a game, and only once per player. (To prevent being abused to get extra items during mid-game.)
This mod performs nothing other than adjusting inventory when a player first creates a game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
Items from Schall mod series are supported. Especially including:
- Schall Tank Platoon
- Schall Alien Tech
- Schall Recharging Weapon
- Schall Inserters
- Schall Machine Scaling
- Schall Pipe Scaling
- Schall Suit
- Schall Oil Fuel
- Schall Radioactive Waste
- Schall Perpetual Machine
- Schall Circuit Scaling
- Schall Arachnid Platoon
- Schall Machine Modification
There are tons of quickstart mods already on the portal, so probably I would not add any items from other mods to this list.
- Schall Starting Tech allows adjusting starting technology levels. Thus when used together, players can easily create many interesting scenarios to play or test with.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General / Balancing
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Chunk Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Autolinked Chest Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains / Info
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Entity Inspector Info / Manufacture
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Machine Modification Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Modules Manufacture / Balancing
- Schall Module Placement Helper Mods / Manufacture
- Schall Satellite Controller Info / Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Arachnid Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Defense
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Big Mods
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies / Balancing
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies / Info
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Mining / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods