Adds scaled down versions in different sizes for various circuit components. With these mini- and micro-sized (sub-tile) components, circuit designs can be made much more compact. It is also possible to construct dot matrix lamp display with finer “pixels”, offering higher resolution!
Works best with “Schall Lamp Contrast” mod.
Includes lamp, arithmetic combinator, decider combinator, constant combinator.
Are you using circuit components to build devices? Do you think the combinators are using too much space?
Are you using lamps for digital display? Do you think they are too large against the entities you want to use with? (e.g., belts, chests, ...)
Or are you wanting to build a giant screen (as movie player) with lamp matrix? Do you want to improve it with higher resolution or zooming out so much?
One lamp per tile... Is it the limit?
This mod will certainly help you, by introducing scaled down versions of all vanilla circuit components. One lamp per tile is no longer the limit! The scaled down components are sub-tile in size! Now you can fit 4 lamps (tier) -1, 16 lamps -2, or 64(!) lamps -3 in a single tile! So users can use them to build digital display with much less space, or giant screens with much better resolution!
Not only on lamps, the scalings are applied on all types of combinators as well. So the whole of your circuits can be much compact.
No on_tick event, no hidden (compound) entitites, no hidden surfaces are ever used by this mod. No Lua scripts are involved during updates. So this mod has no factors to slow your game down.
This mod should be super-fast and very UPS-friendly!
This mod provides up to three additional sizes of all vanilla circuit components, labelled as tier -1, -2, and -3 respectively. Each tier is 1/2 in linear size (1/4 in area) of its former. This mod includes lamp, arithmetic combinator, decider combinator, constant combinator.
Multiple components can be placed in the same tile, as they are sub-tile sized. A lot of space can be saved!
Note that for digital display, it is recommended to use with Schall Lamp Contrast together, as it gives the lamp two new artstyles (selectable) with much higher clarity.
Sub-tile Grid Alignment
As the smaller circuit components are not in tile size, the vanilla tile grid alignment no longer works on them. No worry, however, as this mod has introduced own "sub-tile grid alignment" to assist with placement.
The sub-tile grid alignment works perfectly on direct placements, or blueprints containing a single tier.
To help with placement of such micro-sized circuit components, this mod also provides the circuit blueprint scaling feature. Users can first build your circuit designs, and save them in blueprints. Then those blueprints can be used in the "Circuit Scaling" GUI, to generate scaled down versions of circuit designs.
Below is an example, starting with a 2-digit belt speed display circuit design, with all vanilla circuit components.
After the mentioned procedures, the "scaled down blueprints" of tier -1 and -2 should be both added to the player's inventory. (Can make the tier -3 blueprint with the same procedures.) With them, you can use them to build around the belts, just like what is shown on upper photos at top of this page.
This mod adds GUI into the save game, but should be automatically removed upon disable/uninstallation.
- Schall Lamp Contrast is optional but highly recommended, but it provides options like sorting colour signals to hue order, or black background in lamps to show colours in better clarity.
- Schall Circuit Group is optional but highly recommended, since it puts circuit-related items (including lamps) into a new group tab, thus can be picked in the crafting menu more quickly.
- Schall Virtual Signal is fully supported. The new tertiary colour signals are displayed properly. They work with base colour signals seamlessly (e.g., hue order).
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods