Displaying player's position in coordinates. Assist in radar placement and alignment with an indicator. Designed for OCD players who want to have complete radar coverage of the map, for surveillance or showcasing purposes.
Trying to align radars for complete radar coverage over the whole area?
Tired of switching in-and-out of map mode repetitively just to place the radars?
This mod will save you from the hassle! Just follow the indicator from radar placement UI! Can also be used to show player's position coordinates.
First of all, carry at least a radar in your quickbar. Next, pick it in hand.
The GUI will pop up, showing information on player's position, including: position coordinates, chunk coordinates, together with a few other position information. distance from the nearest chunk where radar is supposed to be placed.
The in-game radar has a reveal radius of 3 chunks (thus spans 7×7 chunks), based on the chunk where the radar is placed. Therefore, the radar coverage would not change if radar is being placed a few tiles off, until a chunk is crossed.
If you are using the vanilla radar, then ignore this. Otherwise, for any radar mods having different radar coverage (which is 3 chunks), you will need to adjust this first.
Player standing next to an existing radar (or where you will build the first radar), but the indicator to nearest radar placement location shows somewhere else? No worries, now we do the calibration. Press the calibration button on the top-right corner of the radar GUI.
This should set the current location as central chunk "0,0". The "radar icon" indicates the player is in a chunk where radar should be placed. So if the calibration process is done correctly, a "radar icon" should show, together with the chunk highlight moving to here. Now the calibration is done and you would not need to do that again on this map surface!
Now go ahead and place other radars! Leave the area where this radar covers.
Apart from reading the offset values on radar GUI to know the distance from the nearest radar site, this mod provides two more "eye-catching" indicators to guide the users.
First way is the indicator values at the screen center (right next to player character), which shows both the direction and distance from the nearest radar site. Follow the indicator which heads you to nearest location to place the next radar.
Second way is the chunk highlight, exactly on where your next radar should be placed. So now go there! (Note that you can pick your own chunk highlight tint and opacity, under "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Per Player".)
When you see radar icon shows again at the indicator (and should be right on within chunk highlight), here is the chunk needing a radar placement.
Now you can travel around and place radars by following the indicators. It is now easy to have full radar coverage over the whole base, while using only a minimal amount of radars!
This mod adds nothing more than an UI when player is holding a radar stack in hand, which is immediately removed upon change of item or cancellation. Nothing is added to save files, unless the game is saved when radar GUI is active. Therefore, it should be safe and clean to disable/uninstall this mod.
- Schall Map Tag is an extension mod, allowing the calibrated chunk coordinates to be displayed on map tags, having better planning for your OCD base!
- Schall Chunk Alignment provides a clean and neat visualization of chunks and tiles around the player.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Russian / Русский (ru) by John_TheCF
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.)
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General / Balancing
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Chunk Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Autolinked Chest Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains / Info
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Entity Inspector Info / Manufacture
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Machine Modification Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Modules Manufacture / Balancing
- Schall Module Placement Helper Mods / Manufacture
- Schall Satellite Controller Info / Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Arachnid Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Defense
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Big Mods
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies / Balancing
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies / Info
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Mining / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods