|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||7 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.17.0 (2 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Displaying player's position in coordinates. Assist in radar placement and alignment with an indicator. Designed for OCD players who want to have complete radar coverage of the map, for surveillance or showcasing purposes.
Trying to align radars for complete radar coverage over the whole area?
Tired of switching in-and-out of map mode repetitively just to place the radars?
This mod will save you from the hassle! Just follow the indicator from radar placement UI! Can also be used to show player's position coordinates.
First of all, have at least a radar in your quickbar. Next, pick it in hand.
The left UI will pop up, showing information on player's position, including: co-ordinates, chunk co-ordinates, together with distance from the nearest chunk where radar is supposed to be placed.
"Chunk" is a concept used in Factorio to divide the world surface into sections, defined as a 32×32 tiles.
The in-game radar has a reveal radius of 3 chunks (thus spans 7×7 chunks), based on the chunk where the radar is placed. Therefore, the radar coverage would not change if radar is being placed a few tiles off, until a chunk is crossed.
The debug settings (accessed by F5-F7 toggles, F4 settings) "show-tile-grid", or pause in single player game (default key: Shift-Space) shows chunk and tile grid lines, display how exactly chunks are being divided.
Calibration & Settings
If you are using the vanilla radar, then ignore this. Otherwise, for any radar mods having different radar coverage (which is 3 chunks), you will need to adjust this first. Apply changes, get the updated indicator values and re-enter this settings menu.
Player standing next to the existing radar, but the indicator to nearest radar placement location shows somewhere else? No worries, now we use this for calibration. Press ESC and goes into "Options" menu, then "Mod settings".
The current indicator "↙2,2" means the nearest location would be 2 to the West, 2 to the South.
Since we would use the offset to "compensate" the misalignment, we need to input the offset values. The third row "Radar" of left information panel displays the offset values (x = +2, y = -2). Factorio is using a coordinate system where x is positive towards the East, and y is positive towards the South, meaning 2 to the East, 2 to the North. Now enter the signed values accordingly.
Now apply changes and back to the world. As the indicator values update only on changes in player's position (instead of using the costly on_tick event), just move a step then indicator values will be updated. A "radar icon" indicates the player is in a chunk where radar should be placed. So if the calibration process is done correctly, a "radar icon" should show. Now the calibration is done and you would not need to do that again in this map!
Now go ahead and placed other radars! Leave the area where this radar covers. Follow the indicator which heads you to nearest location to place the next radar.
When you see radar icon shows again at the indicator, here is the chunk needing a radar placement.
Now you can stay away from base, place radars following the indicator, have radar coverage over the whole base, while using only a minimal amount of radars.
This mod adds nothing more than an UI when player is holding a radar stack in hand, which is immediately removed upon change of item or cancellation. Nothing is added to save files, unless the game is saved when radar info UI is active. Therefore, it should be safe and clean to disable/uninstall this mod.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Russian / Русский (ru) by John_TheCF
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.) That will be included in the next version.
My Other Mods
- Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Overseas Railway Logistics
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods