|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||a month ago|
|Latest Version:||0.17.0 (19 days ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Replace the vanilla lamp graphics for higher contrast signal display.
Now vehicle are no longer colliding with lamps, so safe to drive over!
Also allows configuration on colour signals, including priority order on colours.
This mod does NOT add new entities, only replace the graphics of vanilla lamp, which is mostly from Inlaid Lamps. Apart from the graphics, the lamps are no longer colliding with vehicles, so it is now safe to drive over them.
This mod actually aims to give higher contrast for signal display. Apart from the original graphics which have concrete style (fitting nice with concrete tiles), this mod provides the option for using a black background instead, which will show the colours more clearly. The glow size can also be adjusted for better display.
The default settings is just replace the graphics and has a smaller glow size. The advanced options are described as below.
The vanilla priority of colour signals are in the same order as in crafting recipes, with red having the highest priority. However, it does not seem to be in any particular useful order. This mod allows changing the priority according to hue value, either having red as the first or last in the order. This may not be useful to most player, but users fond of designing logic circuits (e.g., resource or power level indicators) may find these orders useful.
If there are any colour signal order you want to be added, please make your request in the Discussion section!
The white, grey and black signals do NOT give any colours in vanilla game, so are just acting as normal signals. This mod allows such signals giving colours to the lamps. The priority of these signals can be set. For example, black signal having highest priority (H1) can be used as a special flag to disable display. The following picture shows display of "0" with these three colour signals.
Similarities & Differences from Inlaid Lamps
- The "concrete" style graphics and light on graphics are using that of Inlaid Lamps, so they are the same.
- Since the new lamp is effectively better than the vanilla lamp in "every way", and the vanilla lamp would not be built anyway, so I do not feel the need to have two separate entities. Inlaid lamps have them as separate entities, while this mod directly replaces it.
- The "black" style graphics is new in this mod.
- Glow size can be adjusted with this mod.
- Priority order of colour signals can be adjusted with this mod.
- White, grey and black signals can be adjusted to give colours with this mod.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
If any mods modifiying the signal order or adding colour for custom signals, be sure to leave option "Priority order on colour signal" as "Unchanged", and perhaps also leave the "Use colour on White/Grey/Black signals" unchecked, to prevent double update. Other features should work normally. These include (but not limited to):
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Credit to Inlaid Lamps. Part of the graphics and code are used in this mod.
My Other Mods
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Overseas Railway Logistics
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods