Replace the vanilla lamp graphics for higher contrast signal display.
Vehicles no longer collide with lamps, so safe to drive over them!
Also allows configuration on colour signals, including their priority.
This mod does NOT add new entities, only replace the graphics of vanilla lamp, which is mostly from Inlaid Lamps. Apart from the graphics, the lamps are no longer colliding with vehicles, so it is now safe to drive over them.
This mod actually aims to give higher contrast for signal display. Apart from the original graphics which have concrete style (fitting nice with concrete tiles), this mod provides the option for using a black background instead, which will show the colours more clearly. The glow size can also be adjusted for better display.
The default settings is just replace the graphics and has a smaller glow size. The advanced options are described as below.
The vanilla priority of colour signals are in the same order as in crafting recipes, with red having the highest priority. However, it does not seem to be in any particular useful order. This mod allows changing the priority according to hue value, either having red as the first or last in the order. This may not be useful to most player, but users fond of designing logic circuits (e.g., resource or power level indicators) may find these orders useful.
From 0.17.4, if any of the hue order is chosen, the colour signals in the virtual signals menu will also be sorted, instead of the current (game version 0.17.66) seemingly random order that was not convincing at all.
If there are any colour signal order you want to be added, please make your request in the Discussion section!
Hue order also works for most (if not all) other mods. For example, additional tertiary colour signals from Schall Virtual Signal are fully supported.
The white, grey and black signals do NOT give any colours in vanilla game, so are just acting as normal signals. This mod allows such signals giving colours to the lamps. The priority of these signals can be set. For example, black signal having highest priority (H1) can be used as a special flag to disable display. The following picture shows display of "0" with these three colour signals.
Similarities & Differences from Inlaid Lamps
- The "concrete" style graphics and light on graphics are using that of Inlaid Lamps, so they are the same.
- Since the new lamp is effectively better than the vanilla lamp in "every way", and the vanilla lamp would not be built anyway, so I do not feel the need to have two separate entities. Inlaid lamps have them as separate entities, while this mod directly replaces it.
- The "black" style graphics is new in this mod.
- Glow size can be adjusted with this mod.
- Priority order of colour signals can be adjusted with this mod.
- White, grey and black signals can be adjusted to give colours with this mod.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Circuit Group puts circuit-related items (including lamps) into a new group tab, thus can be picked in the crafting menu more quickly.
- Schall Circuit Scaling is an optional extension, which allow you to build sub-tile size lamps and circuit components.
- Inlaid UV-lamp is an optional extension, which become useful if you are playing with Will-o'-the-Wisps as well.
The following mods support full features of priority order and hue:
- Schall Virtual Signal is fully supported. The new tertiary colour signals are displayed properly. They work with base colour signals seamlessly (e.g., hue order).
Other mods adding custom colour signals are not tested, but most of them should be compatible from 0.17.4. If there are any conflicts, please leave option "Priority order on colour signal" as "Unchanged", and perhaps also leave the "Use colour on White/Grey/Black signals" unchecked, to prevent double update. Other features should work normally.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
- Credit to Inlaid Lamps. Part of the graphics and code are used in this mod.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General / Balancing
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains / Info
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Arachnid Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Defense
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Big Mods
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies / Balancing
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies / Info
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Mining / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods