|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||a month ago|
|Latest Version:||0.16.4 (18 days ago)|
Adds different classes and tiers of tanks in-par with power armors, having vehicle equipment grid. Aims to fill the gaps the vanilla game should have. Not overhaul nor OP mod. Vanilla oriented and balanced.
Balanced Tanks Series
Different classes of tanks are performing better in specialized roles, like in the real world (especially WWII period). This mod aims for preserving the realism, and balances with original vehicles. The original tank is unmodified, and almost the same as the newly defined "Medium Tank", which is the midpoint of the whole new tank series.
Want a fast & agile light tank exploring the map (against biters and trees...)?
Want a fast yet durable medium tank performing hit-and-run tactics?
Want a more durable & strong firepower heavy tank leading the offense, covering friendlies as vanguard?
Want a extremely durable super-heavy tank performing frontal assault, breakthrough biter nests?
This mod provide such choices, and is especially suited for multiplayer servers:
- PvE: Tank commanders can find their own specialized tank which suits their playstyle well (hit-and-run, fire support, frontal assault, breakthrough, etc.). Now we can support each other and play as a real tank platoon! A more enjoyable group tank action!
- PvP: Massive PvP tank battle? (Like in World of Tanks) Now you can have similar experience in Factorio, with different choices of tanks!
Advanced Tanks MK1 & MK2 Series
Feel the tank become obsolete, when Power Armor MK2 comes out?
Why are there not any modular tanks?
No worries! Here we proudly presents the Tanks MK1 and MK2 series, utilizing technology & material in-par of the Power Armor & Power Armor MK2 respectively. While there are small stat upgrades, the true power of Tanks MK1 & MK2 series lies in the large vehicle grid (like the Power Armor)! Of course, if you feel this is too overpowered, you can turn the equipment smaller or off in the options.
Varied Cannons & Shells
The "penetrating" nature of original cannon shells is hazardous to friendlies in group combat, so it is changeable in options in this mod. A small variant of explosive cannon shells is introduced, exclusively for the low caliber autocannon of Light Tank. Two high caliber variants of tank cannon are also introduced for Heavy Tank and Super-heavy Tank, having longer firing range and using heavier shells, which has greater destruction power.
Destructive Incendiary Munitions
Ordinary incendiary munitions are introduced in autocannon ammo and rocket forms. The napalm bomb offers mass destruction power, creating cluster of long-lasting flame, to clear nests like the nuclear bomb.
Offensive Rocket Artillery Half-track
Currently, the rocket launcher and its conventional rocket ammunition are too weak. Need to get into enemy range, relatively low damage. I never saw them used by players on any multiplayer server in any serious sense. Firing nuclear rockets is the only reason why it still exists.
This mod revives the otherwise useless rockets. The explosive rockets can be crafted into packs, which will split into 7 explosives rockets when fired (like cluster grenades). A newly-introduced "Rocket Artillery" vehicle is dedicated to unleash this true power, with a much longer firing range in "Tactical Missile Launcher" firing mode. Also useful to fire atomic rocket because of its extended range over the handheld rocket launcher. An alternate "Multiple Rocket Launcher" firing mode is available, but beware it could waste your already expensive rockets with the high rate of fire!
Supplementary Portable Fusion Reactors
The transition of equipment modules, from Portable Solar Panel (1×1, 10 kW) to Portable Fusion Reactor (4×4, 750 kW), always looks too far to me. The large size of fusion reactor also prevents it to be used in lesser grids. Therefore, smaller portable fusion reactors are introduced, working with lower efficiency.
Dedicated Vehicle Equipment
For large size of vehicles (compared to human size), it is reasonable to have vehicle equipment. This mod introduced large capacity variants of vehicle-only energy shield and battery.
Curious, I always wonder why there is extreme high-tech fusion reactor giving free energy to the equipment, but no choices to power them by more conventional method like fuel cells? This mod now provide such fuel-powered options. Due to their size, it can only be installed to vehicles. A fission type power-generation equipment is also available.
Revised Defense Equipment
In vanilla game, personal laser defense has very high initial damage (75!!!), but no benefits from laser turret upgrades. This mod provides the option to switch the "ammo category" to the same one used by laser turrets. Initial damage is reduced for balance.
Discharge defense is a useless equipment long forgotten. By having the option to make it auto triggering, combined with the above-mentioned new power equipment, it maybe worthwhile to give it a try! It can save your tank from the behemoth biters in swarming and trapping you!
For more details and stats of new tanks and weapons, please see the FAQ section.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game, except for hiding the recipe of original tank (if disabled "Keep vanilla Tank recipe" in options). To remove this mod, go to "Options" → "Mod settings" → "Map" tab, tick the "Force enable vanilla Tank recipe" checkbox, then save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Automatic tanks, by AI control or other means. This will allow a formation group combat even in single player game. I am looking into how it may work out, without using too much CPU power.
- Currently all tanks are using the graphics of vanilla tank and just being scaled differently. I am not a graphic artist, so my priority on it will be quite low. But if anyone can provide some usable artwork for the tanks, I will be delighted to add them into this mod.
- Any suggestions or help are welcomed! Please leave me a message in Discussion section.
- Schall Gun Pod is optional but serves as a good addition, introducing several ammo-consuming turret equipment, designed to work with tanks of this mod. It provides alternatives to the personal laser defense, and do not need any power/battery to work.
- Schall Tank Woodcutting is optional but serves as a good addition, harvesting wood on your way of rolling over trees. The collected wood can be put into the new fuel cells to provide power for other vehicle equipment.
- Vehicle Wagon Although graphics of tanks may not be consistent when put on wagon, they are recovered when unloaded from trains. An excellent mod for moving the fuel-hungry heavy tanks around.
- English (en)
- German (de)
- Traditional Chinese (zh-TW)
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.) That will be included in the next version.
I would like to see what players actually do in PvE and PvP tank battles as well. Please share your action screenshots in the discussion sections, which may be inserted to pictures bar below title.
- VehicleGrid Inspired me to add vehicle grid to tanks, used part of the code.
My Other Mods
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods (Info)
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture