|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||3 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.17.1 (7 days ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Dead aliens are now good aliens! Dead aliens will pay for your base defense! On their death, they bring back the 0.14 alien artifact. They also drop alien ores as loots, which can be morphed into ordinary ores like iron ore. Also adds alien science pack that can be used for research in other tech mods. Well-suited for combat-heavy, no-mining scenarios.
Currently there are no benefits from killing aliens, so no motivation in combat?
Want to get loots from combat, like in RPG?
Want the alien artifact from good old 0.14 comes back?
Now this mod fulfills all your wishes!
Dead aliens will pay for your base defense! They will make your base great again!
Not only alien artifacts are dropped by spawners, but all aliens (biters, spitters, worms, spawners) drop some loots! All of these can be individually turned off or adjusted if you think there are too much (or too few) loots though! (See the option details in FAQ.)
Now not only spawners drop alien artifact, but from behemoth biters, behemoth spitters, big worms as well. (Adjustable in options.) Alien artifact can be crafted into alien science packs (like in 0.14). Apart from that, this mod allows them the ability to morph into various ores, like iron ore that your base always needs badly.
There are 3 tiers (grades) of alien ores. The more dangerous aliens drop better alien ores, both in quality and quantity. Alien ores can all be morphed into various ores, converting into ores that your base needs. Better alien ores can morph to better ore (uranium ore, iron ore) in more favourable rate, or even to alien science pack if you badly need that for more science. Low tier alien ore is best in morphing into coal and stone.
Alien Science Pack
The alien science pack is the advanced science pack in 0.14 and before (which splits into production, military and high-tech science pack since 0.15). It is crafted from alien artifact (like in 0.14), or from high tier alien ore at a worse rate.
Currently there is no use of alien science pack with this mod alone, but is used by Schall Alien Tech mod. It provides alternate weapon choices, and extends the gameplay beyond rocket launch!
For details about drop rate, conversion rate, and option settings, please see the FAQ section.
If there are any tech mods using this alien science pack, you can also send a message to me here. I will list them below.
This mod do not modify the existing content other than an extra slot for alien science pack in labs, although it is safe in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Alien Tech make use of the alien science pack, by introducing an alternate techtree: particle weaponry. It also extends the gameplay after rocket launch, with some stronger weapons like power armor MK3 and tanks MK3 series.
- Schall Pickup Tower allows you to build structures to collect loots from your frontline automatically, streamlining your killing business into alien research and production.
- Schall Endgame Evolution introduce extra tiers of aliens. They are the worthy enemies offering you some challenge! It is very tempting to kill these beasts, as their death rewards you with lucrative loots, scaled to their sizes.
If there is another mod overwriting (instead of inserting) the loot table of alien units (which is a bad programming practice anyway) and it loads after my mod, loot drops from this mod may get overwritten.
This mod uses "biter", "spitter", "worm" and "spawner" in their names to find the alien units, non-matching names are not considered. Text like "medium", "big", "behemoth" in their names are used to classify the loot tier, otherwise such unit are all considered to be "small" tier. If you have any favourite units wants to be included, or should be considered higher tier, please suggest in Discussion section.
Any incompatibility or other bugs happened should also be reported there.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Arabic / العربية (ar, 26%)
- Belarusian / Беларуская (be, 30%)
- Bulgarian / Български (bg, 30%)
- Catalan / Català (ca, 35%)
- Czech / Čeština (cs, 35%)
- Danish / Dansk (da, 35%)
- Greek / Ελληνικά (el, 35%)
- Spanish / Español (es-ES, 35%)
- Estonian / Eesti (et, 30%)
- Finnish / Suomi (fi, 35%)
- French / Français (fr, 35%)
- Hebrew / עברית (he, 30%)
- Hungarian / Magyar (hu, 35%)
- Italian / Italiano (it, 35%)
- Japanese / 日本語 (ja, 35%)
- Korean / 한국어 (ko, 30%)
- Lithuanian / Lietuvių (lt, 26%)
- Latvian / Latviešu (lv, 26%)
- Dutch / Nederlands (nl, 35%)
- Norwegian / Norsk (no, 30%)
- Polish / Polski (pl, 30%)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR, 35%)
- Portuguese / Português (pt-PT, 35%)
- Romanian / Română (ro, 30%)
- Russian / Русский (ru, 30%)
- Swedish / Svenska (sv-SE, 30%)
- Thai / ไทย (th, 26%)
- Turkish / Türkçe (tr, 35%)
- Ukrainian / Українська (uk, 30%)
The partial translations are mostly from 0.14 locale file. I have no knowledge about those languages by myself. Feel free to submit translations of any languages in Discussion section.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. (Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.) That will be included in the next version.
My Other Mods
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Overseas Railway Logistics
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods