One atomic bomb can only destroy a small portion of enemy base? How about firing EIGHT bombs scattered with just a single shot?
Adds various strategic missiles.
Currently includes napalm MRV missile, poison MRV missile, atomic MRV missile, plutonium MRV missile.
If you feel vanilla atomic bomb is not enough for you, this mod is for you!
Here is the ultimate solution to "The firepower is not enough" syndrome.
Why do you need eight separte atomic bombs, while you can do the same job with a single MRV missile?
One launch, eight atomic detonations!
This mod aims to speed up the destruction process in the endgame. One atomic bomb is very often insufficient to clear a spawner cluster, and the remaining biters and spitters swarm can disturb your "clearing jobs". Now you can launch a single atomic MRV missile, releasing eight atomic bombs over the target area. The vastly larger blast area can be used to clear spawners, worms and any moving units ALL AT ONCE!
This mod expands the arsenal of superweapons, but also some countermeasures against them. So this mod could fit for a PvP game! Attackers launching these doomsday superweapons, while defenders still have a last chance to protect their bases (cities) with missile interception systems.
Apart from the most powerful atomic warheads, there are other cheaper alternative warheads available. They use the same MRV mechanism, doing similar large area damage.
This mod provides the following strategic missiles:
- napalm MRV missile
- poison MRV missile
- atomic MRV missile
- plutonium MRV missile
The above MRV missiles are launched from dedicated vehicles: heavy rocket artillery. (NOT by hand or turrets. For reasons, please see the FAQ.)
This mod will alert every player (can be toggled off in mod options) when someone is deploying a heavy rocket artillery. So when you read this alert in PvP game, you know what you are going to face. You may try to seek out that and destroy / push back before the enemy team can fire.
To give even more chance to defender, the vehicle starts with 1 health only upon deployment. This is to avoid direct placement at the front line for a quick fire.
As mentioned above, the deployment alert, 1 health deployment, slow and low health vehicle offers the defenders some time to react.
But does it mean nothing can be done, after the strategic missile is launched?
Do not lose all your hope though. There is still a last chance to counter that.
This mod provides special gun "missile interception cannon". It is next to useless for attacking. But it has an unique ability: destroying projectiles around the target spot!
The strategic missiles of this mod are designed to be slow (though for realism they should be at supersonic speeds), offering human defenders a last chance to intercept them before impact.
Although this device is designed for countering strategy missiles only, it can potentially intercept other projectiles as well (e.g., shotgun shells, rockets, artillery shells), if you have good enough aim and predictive ability on faster projectiles.
This mod also adds a strategic missile launch alert (also can be toggled off in mod options) and with a warning voice, displaying the expected ground zero globally. So defenders with missile interception cannons still have some chances to intercept the missile on the known path...
This mod provides the following missile interception cannons:
- portable missile interception cannon
With this missile interception mechanism, this mod is qualified to be named as “Missile Command” now!
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Missile defence vehicle: This resembles real-world anti-missile units, like the Patriot Missile Long-Range Air-Defence System. This will have faster rate of fire, longer range, and larger interception AoE, than the current portable variant of missile interception cannon.
- Automatic missile defense system: Current portable missile interception cannon is manual fire. (Putting that on turrets does NOT work automatically, because turrets do not target projectiles at all.) But it can be quite demanding to require human players rush to alert site. The plan here is to add some script (hopefully not too heavy...) to keep track of all missile defence vehicles. Strategic missiles flying within interception range have some chances to be shot down (depending on the ammo amount), consuming the interception shell in the process. The interception chance will be moderately lower than done manually, so player involvement will always have higher effectivity.
- Schall Tank Platoon is strictly required, since it is the base mod providing such ammo.
- Schall Alien Tech is optional but recommended. The MK3 upgrade of vehicles will only appear if this mod is installed.
- Plutonium Energy is optional but recommended. The plutonium MRV missile will only appear if this mod is installed.
- Schall Geowarfare is an extension mod, providing additional strategic missile types that are so powerful to alter or destroy terrain to you will.
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone is an extension mod, providing a phone that is so powerful to use, in a joking way.
- Schall Gun Pod is an extension mod, introducing several ammo-consuming turret equipment, designed to work with tanks. Still, the heavy rocket artillery can mount some of these gun pods.
- Schall Transport Group is optional but highly recommended, since it puts vehicle-related items into a new group tab, making the crafting menu more tidy.
- Schall Oil Fuel provides alternate fuel sources. The otherwise useless (in 0.17) heavy oil and light oil become fuel when barreled, usable on vehicles.
- Mushroom Cloud is compatible. Atomic MRV missile is releasing the same projectile of vanilla atomic bomb. Except now you are growing EIGHT shiny mushrooms at the same time!
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Russian / Русский (ru) by John_TheCF
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message.
- Obviously, this is a tribute to the classic game Missile Command, even though it was made before I was even born. Simple missile offence and defence, yet an addictive gameplay.
- Tribute to a good game Supreme Commander. The voice "Strategic launch detected" is extracted from the game.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods