Adds scaled up versions in different sizes for various machines. Number of overtiers can be freely adjusted.
Designed for megabases and gigabases, by reducing total number of entities (thus reduced save file size, improved UPS).
Includes assembling machine 3, chemical plant, electric furnace, oil refinery, centrifuge, lab, boiler, steam engine, steam turbine, heat exchanger, nuclear reactor, storage tank.
Want to build megabases or even gigabases, but frustrated with low UPS?
This mod will help you a lot! Scaled up versions (called "overtiers") of various machines are introduced, which include resource-handling machines (electric furnace, oil refinery), production machines (assembling machine 3, chemical plant) to power machines (boiler, steam turbine, ...).
Each higher tier is exactly 4 machine of its lower tier, in terms of crafting speed, power consumption/production, pollution, or any other properties. The only difference is they are combined into a single machine, thus effectively reduce the number of entities on map. This ratio is exponential, meaning you will cut the total number of entities even further with very high tier machines. (For example, overtier +4 is exactly 256× of vanilla machine.)
For example, an "electric furnace +4" machine is effectively 256× vanilla electric furnaces in terms of smelting rate. If your megabase is currently having about 2000 vanilla electric furnaces (along with their inserters), with this mod you can replace these furnace arrays with just 24 entities (8 "electric furnace +4" together with inserters/loaders)!
Massive nuclear power plant (say, >10 GW) is known to be an UPS killer, due to large number of entities (with fluid calculations in them). Each "steam turbine +3" can replace 64× vanilla steam turbine, improving UPS dramtically.
You can use other overtier machines for the circuit production, rocket production, and oil industry as well!
Since the production rates of these overtier machines are very high, it is best to use loaders (instead of inserters) to load ingredients and unload products from them. Loaders can be "unhidden" by various mods, including Schall Belt Configuration and Loader Redux.
Very high tier machines may NOT work at theoretical rate. This is due to limitation by game engine, only 1 crafting per tick for each machine, or equivalently 60 crafting per second.
This limit is not visible for recipes with longer time. For example, this does not come into effect for rocket fuel (30 s) made by assembling machine 3 up to overtier +5 (without modules). Recipes of very short time, like iron gear wheel (0.5 s) would have limited crafting speed from overtier +3.
Any high tiers would still have the same output rate, but wasting unneeded power.
This limitation can be pushed higher by "multiplying" the recipes. Please see Schall Recipe Scaling for details.
For a quick reference of what overtiers to be used, or an in-depth analysis of production rate limitation, please see the FAQ section.
Schall Entity Inspector has a direct and clean ingame GUI, to display production rates of various machines (including most machines of this mod). Speed and productivity effects from modules and beacons are also supported. This is particularly useful, so no longer need to calculate production rates or limitations, by yourself outside the game now.
If fluid flow is hurting your UPS, or you want to use an UPS-friendly nuclear power plant, please check out Schall Pipe Scaling mod too! Example designs (with blueprints) are shown on its FAQ section.
This mod does not modify any existing content to the save files. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Pipe Scaling is optional but highly recommended, since the high flow rates pipes and pumps are extremely useful for the heat exchangers and steam turbines. Use together to improve UPS of your megabase even further!
- Schall Recipe Scaling is optional but highly recommended, since this mod allows the overtier machines to run beyond the vanilla recipe limitation.
- Schall Machine Modification is optional but useful, since this mod provides the overtiers over those modified machines, which allow more flexible applications.
- Schall Starting Inventory is optional but useful, since it allows adjusting starting invenotry, like some boiler +2 and steam engine +2 as initial items.
- Schall Belt Configuration allows adjusting properties like belt speed and underground belt distance. Also option to "unhide" vanilla loaders.
- Schall Entity Inspector has a direct and clean ingame GUI, to display production rates of various machines (including most machines of this mod). Speed and productivity effects from modules and beacons are also supported.
- Disco Science has some fancy graphics to the vanilla labs. It is applied to labs overtiers as well. Offers some eye candies, even though not the best UPS-friendly choice.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
- Russian / Русский (ru) by Dragonling
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message. Corrections on spelling and grammatical mistakes are welcomed as well.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General / Balancing
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Autolinked Chest Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains / Info
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Entity Inspector Info / Manufacture
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Machine Modification Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Modules Manufacture / Balancing
- Schall Module Placement Helper Mods / Manufacture
- Schall Satellite Controller Info / Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Arachnid Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Defense
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Big Mods
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies / Balancing
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies / Info
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Mining / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods