Adds a few inserters with longer reach.
Adds armoured inserters that are more durable, designed for feeding ammo to turrets.
Adds several series of integrated inserters that are equivalent to putting speed modules in them!
Can be individually enabled through options.
Usage - Ranged Inserters
Want a longer reach for the inserters?
Annoyed by turrets getting no ammo, because the inserters cannot survive a acid splash from spitters?
Wonder why inserters are so fragile, cannot even stand till the repair bot comes?
Now your get all of them, because of this mod!
Firstly, there are long reach version of fast inserters, up to range 4. (Vanilla long-handed inserter only gets range 2.)
Secondly, there are armoured versions of fast inserters, which have more health and much better resistances. Not comparable with that of a proper tank, but still durable enough to survive until your repair bots arrive.
Thirdly, combine of both. You get long reach versions of armoured inserters, also up to range 4. So you can deploy inserters further behind your turrets (to feed ammo) to avoid area effect of acid splash, can still survive longer if some aliens decided to attack your inserters instead! The long reach also means you can deploy another layer of ammo turrets in front of your "ammo supply belt".
This mod provides the following inserters:
- Fast inserter series: variants of vanilla fast inserter, with range 2 to range 4.
- Armoured inserter series: much more durable (but slower) variants of the fast inserter series.
By default (can be disabled in options), all new inserter types are available! You may disable the armoured inserter series if you do not use any ammo turrets, or reduce the reach of new inserters if you do not like such long inserters.
Above figure lists all new inserters. Lower row are the fast inserter series (leftmost is the vanilla fast inserter). Upper row are the armoured inserter series. From left to right, the reach is 1 to 4 accordingly.
Usage - Integrated Inserters
Too slow loading/unloading items to/from the trains?
Fast inserters and/or stack inserters are not fast enough for your builds?
From 0.17.5 / 0.18.1 onwards, this mod also provides 4 series of "integrated inserters"! They have built-in speed modules and are acting as if under their effects. They are straight upgrades of the fast inserter, filter inserter, stack inserter, stack filter inserter of the vanilla game. They can be disabled or fine-tuned in mod options individually.
Various types of speed modules can be used to craft these new inserters (as in the form of recipe ingredients). The integrated inserters will have enhanced speed (but also more energy consumption) from the effects of speed modules, highly similar to if they are put into module slots of other machines (e.g., assembling machine, oil refinery, etc.) Use speed module 1 for more cost-effective upgrade to general uses; while speed module 3 for the most critical inserters such as train stations.
Multiple speed modules can be used to a single inserter, reflected as the "tier" counter of the inserter name. For example, "Integrated stack filter inserter III +2" is equivalent to the vanilla stack filter inserter installed with TWO speed module 3 (labelled as III). Applying them is a total of +100% to speed and +140%, as reflected by the entity tooltips in the following screenshots.
Please note that having too much modules have diminishing returns. Not only for the higher ingredient costs (e.g., two +3 inserters for a single +4 inserter), but there is some limit to the inserter speed due to the game mechanism behind.
For more details and explanations, please check the FAQ section.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Starting Inventory is optional but useful, since it allows adjusting starting invenotry, like some long-handed inserters as initial items.
- Schall Ammo Turrets has introduced various ammo turrets. Armoured inserters will work perfectly with them.
- Schall Alien Tech has introduced the particle line of ammo turrets. Armoured inserters will also work perfectly with them.
- Cursed Programable Inserters allows editing the input and output tiles of any inserters, e.g., side inserting, diagonal inserting, or an arbitrary locations within reach! Highly recommended as it makes the inserters much more flexible in placement.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 (zh-CN)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
- Russian / Русский (ru) by Dragonling
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods