Schall Ammo Turrets

Adds turrets covering most existing ammo. Currently includes: minigun turret, sniper turret, rocket turret, autocannon turret, cannon turrets, flamethrower turret - propane gas. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

i [Solved] Combat Inserter

5 years ago

Hey, I discovered your mods a couple weeks ago and have been working on a playthrough with several of them, it has been a lot of fun! The one thing I find myself wishing for is some type of combat/reinforced inserter with more health or perhaps increased resistances. I'm currently dealing with category VII biters on a deathworld and my turret ammo inserters tend to get one shot by spitters very often. While sending replacements on a supply train is an option I would like it if they could instead take advantage of my already existing repair pack infrastructure. Thanks in advance for any consideration!

5 years ago

Thank you. It's a possibility I can consider.
Could be named as "armoured inserters" or something? "Combat inserters" sound like some kind of offensive weapon. :D
For the mean time, using long inserters may help, if it is the acid splash from spitters that get the inserters.

5 years ago

Armoured would sound good too. Maybe I'll try out long inserters when I go for my next border expansion, my only worry would be that they require you to either push everything behind the front line of turrets back and reduce your effective defense range, or introduce some gaps in coverage to pack everything in. I'm sure there are many ways to make it work with all the turret variety, I'll have to start thinking about some new wall designs before category VIII comes knocking haha.

4 years ago

Sorry for the long wait.
The brand new armoured (and long) inserters are now available at Schall Inserters! Please check if they see fit, and if they are balanced or not.

4 years ago

Awesome! I have been on a break from playing the past few weeks as life's been busy but I'll try it out next weekend, thanks!

New response