|License:||Bob's mods Copyright|
|Created:||2 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.18.2 (a month ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.17 - 0.18|
“Destroy the world!” is now redefined by this mod.
Adds a few weapons that have terrain destruction or terrain altering capability, which are featured weapons from “Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri”.
Definitely too OP for PvP matches or ordinary PvE games.
“Destroy the world!”
Before this mod, this phrase is merely just an adjective, or an excalmation. Even with the atomic bombs, the fishes are totally unharmed, still out there leisurely swimming, and laughing at you pathetic weapons.
With this mod, this becomes a genuine statement you can really declare! Not only trees, rocks, and spawners, now fishes are forever gone too! Not even the land, not even the water... Nothing is left...
But destruction is not the only thing from this mod. There are also "constructive" options as well, though your human opponents will most likely not like them neither...
Even though tiles can be destroyed to beyond ordinary-unusable state, these area are still "recoverable" (well, at least for utility) from such damage, with also this mod...
Right! There are both "constructive" and "destructive" uses of this mod, the result only depends on how you use this...
This mod provides the following types of strategic missiles:
- planet buster missile
- tectonic missile
- fungal missile
They are launched from dedicated vehicles: heavy rocket artillery, just like the MRV missiles of the parent mod.
Planet Buster Missile
Planet buster missile can easily be the "dream superweapon" every players want! It destroy everything around the target. Biters, enemy players, factories, irrespective of how tough they are! Even the land is gone, which is turned to water or even to void! (Technically, the tile is lowered in height.) So it is impossible for these native life forms to repopulate there again!
It is doing so much damage to the planet, that it heavily affects the environment as well (pollution generation). Native life forms are going to act strongly against that!
But warmongers may find this an effective way to pump up evolution factor quickly...
Tectonic missile is somewhat similar but also opposite to planet buster missile. Similarly, this also destroy everything around the target. Differently, this will raise (instead of lower) the terrain. So it can be used to "recover" the lost land (water and void tiles), which is probably caused by planet buster missiles.
It is still considered a big damage to the environment, so they still cause quite some pollution (while not as much as planet busters).
Fungal missile also destroys everything around the target, EXCEPT they will do absolutely no harm to the native life forms. Instead, fungal missile may wake up dormant spores, thereby popping up spawners.
Fungal missiles can easily become your favourite, if you want to make your own biter zoo, wildlife perserves, or just to make some surprises to your human opponents in PvP games. They are powerful swords, with double edges.
There are four tiers for each type of missiles. The high tiers require you to install related mods, and are more costly to craft. But they are also more powerful and affects much larger area.
For the concept of terrain height/depth and details of various types of missiles, please read FAQ section.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Missile Command is strictly required, since it is the base mod providing such ammo.
- Schall Tank Platoon is strictly required, since it is the base mod of above.
- Schall Alien Tech is optional but recommended. The tier III (and above) missiles will only appear if this mod is installed.
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone is an extension mod, providing a phone that is so powerful to use, in a joking way.
This mod has to clear everything (so removing entities) in the area before altering terrain (i.e., tiles). But there is no way to distinguish real entities from hidden inserters (e.g., hidden inserters within a loader, hidden turrets of a automated vehicle). So it is possible some mods that are hacking compound entities may break, if they do not have proper validity checks in their tracked list update scripts.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
If you like this mod, and would like to provide other translations, please do not hesitate to send me a message.
- This is a tribute to the classic game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. The three types of missiles and concept of terrain height are brought from this game. The graphics and explosion animations are extracted from the game.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Overseas Railway Logistics
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Weapons (Turrets)
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Research
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies (Balancing)
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Research / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods