Adds more virtual signals, which can be used for large-scale circuit calculations, map chart tags, station icons and blueprint icons.
Currently includes: number signals, colour signals, greek letter signals, mathematical signals, arrow signals, map icon signals.
Want to use numbers to label map tags and blueprints, but found just 0-9 insufficient for use?
Want more number signals for combinator arithmetics in circuit networks?
Want some more colour signals for blueprint icons or for display on lamps?
Want some arrows for marking directions of blueprints?
Want some extra large icons for marking important area on map view?
Then this mod is for you, which satisfies your above needs!
Virtual signals are not only used in circuit networks, but can also be used in blueprint icons, map chart tags, train station names, chat console, etc. Combined with your creativity, these extra signals are going to improve your gameplay quality a lot!
This mod currently contains seven main components, which can be toggled independently, under "Settings" → "Mod settings" → "Startup" tab:
- Additional number signals
- Additional tertiary colour signals
- Correct naming of magenta signal
- Enable mathematical signals
- Enable arrow signals
- Enable Greek letter signals
- Background Greek letter signals
- Enable map icon signals
- Enable XL signals +1/+2/+3/+4
Vanilla number signals are ranging from 0 to 9 only. This mod allows number signals up to 99! If you think that is too much, you can always choose a limit in between.
Note: In the above screenshot, sorting of vanilla colour signals is done by Schall Lamp Contrast, not by this mod.
Greek Letter Signals
For users with science backgrounds, variables using Greek letter would be more familiar and make more sense (say, using α or θ to denote an angle.) Or in case you want to prevent using real item signals, but ran out of signals to be used in circuit design (e.g., in warehouse monitoring circuit), these extra 24 signals could be a help.
Vanilla colour signals consist of the three primary colours, three secondary colours, and three grayscale colours only. This mod allows adding the six tertiary colours (e.g., orange, azure, violet), contributing for more colourful uses.
Magenta Signal / "Pink" Signal
The so-called "pink" signal in vanilla game is using RGB code of #FF00FF, which is magenta actually. (The real pink, defined as #FFC0CB, has a much higher green component.) So this mod will correct this by giving back its real name: magenta signal.
This happens to English locale, but similar problems appear in other locale as well. (Because translators are based on the original English text of "pink", rather than based on the real appearance or RGB colour code used...) Other locales provided by this mod also have this text corrected, if they apply.
It is frequent to encounter temporary sum, difference, or other arithmetic values in calculations of circuit signals. Instead of storing them in arbitrary alphabetical signals, this mod has introduced 30 mathematical signals to give better readability to your circuit signals controlling.
Sometimes you may want to show some directional information, say, in map chart tags or blueprint icons. This mod has introduced 30 arrow signals: eight for the cardinal and intercardinal directions, two for horizontal and vertical indications, four for rotations, eight for right-angled turns, and eight for paired arrows.
Map Icon Signals
Users of some playstyles (especially in multiplayer games) may want to make their bases more tidy, by assigning some eye-catching symbols on map view (as map chart tags), as quicknotes for future or for other users. Notable uses include marking certain area for exploration, extermination, fortification, deconstruction, warning, etc. Rather than typing text or "borrowing" item icons, this mod has introduced 16 icons for such uses.
Virtual signal icons of all vanilla and (most) modded items have the same standard size. So how can you mark an important location with more emphasis on map view or minimap?
This mod has provided a few extra large sizes (from 4× to 25× area) for you to choose from. The collections include the mathematical, arrow and map icon signals of this mod. Hence you will no longer miss the map chart tags you have previously placed!
Default settings only have tier +2 on only, but free feel to pick any combinations of all four sizes to your taste! The settings are under "Settings" → "Mod settings" → "Startup" tab.
These XL signals are all under the new separate group tab. So they are easy to be picked, while not being mixed up with ordinary signals.
This mod do not modify the existing content in the save game. This mod should be safe to be disabled/uninstalled at any time.
- Schall Lamp Contrast is optional but highly recommended, but it provides options like sorting colour signals to hue order, or black background in lamps to show colours in better clarity.
- Schall Circuit Scaling is optional but recommended, which allow you to build sub-tile size lamps and circuit components.
- Schall Map Tag provides a few functions on map chart tags, e.g., alignment to chunks and auto-append position coordinates.
- English (en)
- German / Deutsch (de)
- Traditional Chinese / 正體中文 (zh-TW)
- Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro (pt-BR) by NickFury23
Non-English locale are provided by Schall Language Pack.
My Other Mods
- Schall Language Pack Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Transport Group Helper Mods
- Schall Circuit Group Helper Mods
- Schall Minor Tweaks General / Balancing
- Schall Starting Inventory Cheats (Start)
- Schall Starting Tech Cheats (Start)
- Schall Chunk Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Radar Alignment Helper Mods
- Schall Map Tag Helper Mods
- Schall Ore Conversion Mining
- Schall Factorio Gear Manufacture / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Belt Configuration Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Krastorio Logistics
- Schall Belt Configuration × Bob's Logistics Logistics
- Schall Inserters Logistics
- Schall Autolinked Chest Logistics
- Schall Railway Controller Trains / Info
- Schall Overseas Railway Trains
- Schall Entity Inspector Info / Manufacture
- Schall Machine Scaling Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Pipe Scaling Logistics / Power Production
- Schall Recipe Scaling Manufacture
- Schall Machine Modification Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Modules Manufacture / Balancing
- Schall Module Placement Helper Mods / Manufacture
- Schall Satellite Controller Info / Manufacture
- Schall Oil Fuel Oil / Power Production
- Schall Perpetual Machine Power Production
- Schall Uncraft Manufacture
- Schall Uranium Processing Manufacture / Power Production
- Schall Radioactive Waste Storage / Environment / Weapons
- Schall Virtual Signal Circuit Network / Blueprints
- Schall Lamp Contrast Circuit Network
- Schall Circuit Scaling Circuit Network
- Schall Primary Battery Armour
- Schall Suit Armour
- Schall Tank Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Arachnid Platoon Weapons (Vehicles)
- Schall Ammo Turrets Defense
- Schall Gun Pod Weapons (Equipment)
- Schall Recharging Weapon Weapons (Guns)
- Schall Land Mine Weapons (Mines)
- Schall Combat Robotics Weapons (Robots)
- Schall Armoured Train Trains / Weapons
- Schall Armoured Train: Nostalgia Trains / Non-Game-Changing
- Schall Alien Tech Weapons / Big Mods
- Schall Artillery Weapons (Artillery)
- Schall Missile Command Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare Weapons (Missiles)
- Schall Geowarfare: Nokia Phone Weapons (Grenades)
- Schall Tank Woodcutting Mining (Vehicles)
- Schall Alien Mutation Enemies / Balancing
- Schall Endgame Evolution Enemies / Info
- Schall Alien Loot Enemies / Mining / Manufacture
- Schall Remains & Pickup Enemies / Helper Mods
- Schall Pickup Tower Logistics / Helper Mods