|Created:||1 year, 10 months ago|
|Latest Version:||1.0.10 (2 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
The atomic bomb. It delivers a huge amount of fire power and is everyone's favorite wood trimmer. But its appearance in Factorio is kind of unimpressive. Its ring of fire looks cool - for the first five times. In addition, the use of nukes is usually completely silent. And if it weren't for the tree stumps (standing there, quiet as the nuke itself), nobody would notice it's use anyway.
And therefore, nukes need an upgrade!
This mod does two things:
- Firstly, it adds a mushroom cloud explosion animation, which was orignially created for the now abandoned Uranium Power mod.
- Secondly, this mod informs you about every nuclear detonation within 25 thousand tiles/meters by playing a explosion sound. If you are far away from the explosion (imagine targeting a biter nest with a M.I.R.V), you'll just hear some echos. If a nuclear explosion goes off within a kilometer or less, the sound will be much more intense. And firing a nuke next to you will result in an earsplitting, awe-inspiring detonation sound. (I tried very hard to get the most promising nuke detonation sound from freesound.org - and i think i found it.)
All values (i.e. which sound will be played in dependence of the distance to the detonation) are fully configurable.
If you want to see this mod in action, please check out the mod spotlight video created by Xterminator!
Now, just grab some nukes and turn up your speakers - and have fun!
This mod's effects are added to nuclear weapons of the following mods:
- Orbital Ion Cannon by Supercheese
- Nuclear Artillery by morley376
- Atomic Artillery by SirDoombox
- Schall Artillery by Schallfalke
- Nuclear Landmines by Raeon
- Advanced Atomics by madurban & drbert
- MadClown01's Thermonuclear Bombs & Nuclear Processing Expansion by MadClown01
- Plutonium Energy by John_TheCF
- Rampant Arsenal by Veden
Nuke explosion animation:
Nuke explosion sounds:
- "nuclear-detonation-close-proximity.ogg": Atomic Explosion and Sub Rumble, orginal by GowlerMusic (CC-BY 3.0), slightly modified by Arcitos
- "nuclear-detonation-in-vincinity-1.ogg": Long tail explosion, original by Robinhood76 (CC-BY-NC 3.0), mixed together with another explosion sound by Arcitos (who recognizes the other sound?)
- "nuclear-explosion-distant-boom-1.ogg"; "nuclear-explosion-distant-boom-2.ogg"; "nuclear-explosion-distant-boom-3.ogg"; "nuclear-explosion-far-away.ogg": Booms of Innominatus, original by Innominatus (CC-BY-NC 3.0), split into different explosion sounds by Arcitos
- "nuclear-detonation-in-vincinity-2.ogg": Distant nuke explosion, source: Audioblocks, modified by OwnlyMe