The atomic bomb. It delivers a huge amount of firepower and is everyone's favorite wood trimmer. But its appearance in Factorio is kind of unimpressive. Its ring of fire looks cool - for the first five times. In addition, the use of nukes is usually completely silent. And if it weren't for the tree stumps (standing there, quiet as the nuke itself), nobody would notice it's use anyway.
And therefore, nukes need an upgrade!
This mod has three key features:
- Every detonation of a nuclear weapon will immediately unleash a powerful nuclear flash, bright enough to light up your whole screen. Enough nukes provided, you're able to turn night into day - cooperative biter hunting has never felt more apocalyptic. (This feature can be disabled in mod settings tab if bright, flashing lights make you feel uncomfortable)
- Each nuclear detonation is accompanied by a nice mushroom cloud explosion animation, which was originally created for the now abandoned Uranium Power mod. The explosion ground emanates a reddish nuclear glow that will let you feel the burning heat, even if you are spectating from save distance.
- Experience different explosion sounds, depending on the distance between you and the place where the nuke set off. If you are far away from the explosion (imagine targeting a biter nest with a M.I.R.V), you'll just hear some echoes. If a nuclear explosion happens within a kilometer or less, the sound will be much more intense. And firing a nuke next to you will result in an earsplitting, awe-inspiring detonation sound.
If you want to see this mod in action, please check out the mod spotlight video created by Xterminator!
Now, just grab some nukes and turn up your speakers - and have fun!
This mod's effects are added to nuclear weapons of the following mods:
- Adamo Nuclear by ElAdamo
- Advanced Atomics by madurban & drbert
- Atomic Artillery by SirDoombox
- Krastorio 2 by Krastor and Linver
- MadClown01's Thermonuclear Bombs & Nuclear Processing Expansion by MadClown01
- Nuclear Artillery by morley376
- Nuclear Landmines by Raeon
- Orbital Ion Cannon by Supercheese
- Plutonium Energy by John_TheCF
- Rampant Arsenal by Veden
- Schall Artillery by Schallfalke
- Schall Land Mine by Schallfalkre
Nuke explosion animation:
Nuke explosion sounds:
- "nuclear-detonation-close-proximity.ogg": Atomic Explosion and Sub Rumble, orginal by GowlerMusic (CC-BY 3.0), slightly modified by Arcitos
- "nuclear-detonation-in-vincinity-1.ogg": Long tail explosion, original by Robinhood76 (CC-BY-NC 3.0), mixed together with another explosion sound by Arcitos (who recognizes the other sound?)
- "nuclear-explosion-distant-boom-1.ogg"; "nuclear-explosion-distant-boom-2.ogg"; "nuclear-explosion-distant-boom-3.ogg"; "nuclear-explosion-far-away.ogg": Booms of Innominatus, original by Innominatus (CC-BY-NC 3.0), split into different explosion sounds by Arcitos
- "nuclear-detonation-in-vincinity-2.ogg": Distant nuke explosion, source: Audioblocks, modified by OwnlyMe