Krastorio 2 adds numerous new buildings, items, technologies, and mechanics to the game. Originally developed by Krastor and Linver, now maintained by raiguard.
- All new high resolution animated sprites
- More than 300 new and unique icons (not re-skinned variations of the same icon)
- Over 40 new buildings
- Over 100 new technologies
- New weapons
- New resources
- A full combat overhaul
- More granular fuel trade-offs
- New tiles
- Compatibility with Space Exploration and Industrial Revolution 2
- Localization in over a dozen languages
... And much more!
Three new resources have been added to the game:
- Imersite: A rare end-game resource used in many advanced recipes. This material is useless on its own, but when used in advanced manufacturing processes, exhibits ludicrous tensile strength and superconductive abilities.
- Mineral Water: Water impregnated with various silts and dusts from the planet's surface. Used primarily in the production of lithium.
- Rare Metals: An analogous representation of various rare elements (i.e. titanium, platinum, gold).
Biters have evolved a passive defense mechanism that drastically slows down other life-forms attempting to attack their hives. This Biter Creep is gross, but will prove useful in your quest to vanquish the territorial bugs from this world.
While the material must initially be harvested by hand, further research into the species may yield a method of growing it in an automated fashion.
Combat mechanics overhaul
Combat has been completely overhauled. Bullets are now physical objects that have speed, wind resistance, and various AoE effects. Bullets have to travel through space to their target, and can be blocked by solid objects.
Auto-aim is disabled by default, requiring the player to skillfully choose what to aim at. This does not play nice with multiplayer latency, so an option to re-enable auto-aim is included in the mod's startup settings.
Science progression has been majorly overhauled. Instead of science packs, you produce tech cards that are inserted into research computers. There are three tiers of tech card, each of which require their own laboratories.
Early-game tech cards will be phased out as the game progresses, allowing you to redirect resources to other parts of your factory.
Higher tier equipment has been added, allowing for even greater quality of life during the end-game. Almost all vehicles now have equipment grids.
... And more!
Your path may lead you to discoveries that, perhaps, should remain purely science fiction.
Krastorio 2 has comprehensive compatibility with Space Exploration.
Krastorio 2 has limited compatibility with Industrial Revolution 2. The integration is currently at the "better than nothing" stage.
You may not play K2 + IR2 + SE all at the same time.
Krastorio 2 does NOT have compatibility for the Bob's and Angel's (B&A) suite of mods. Attempting to play Krastorio 2 with these modpacks will result in crashes.
Recommended companion mods
The following mods are recommended by the Krastorio team to improve your experience:
- Fluid Must Flow by the Krastorio team
- Alien Biomes by Earendel
- Recipe Book by raiguard
- Vehicle Snap by Zaflis
- Armoured Biters by CybranM
The following mods have been tested for compatibility:
- AAI Industry by Earendel
- AAI Programmable Vehicles by Earendel
- Aircraft by SuicidalKid
- Armor Plating by VortiK
- Bob's Enemies by bobingabout
- Bullet Trails by Earendel
- Clockwork by Yehn
- Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders by shanemadden
- Dectorio by PantherX
- Disco Science by danielbrauer
- Early 3x3 Electric Furnaces by V453000
- Editor Extensions by raiguard
- EvoGUI by Narc
- Flow Control by GotLag
- FNEI by npo6ka
- Hovercrafts by Arcani_Victus
- Larger Lamps by Deadlock989
- Manual Inventory Sorting by theRustyKnife
- Robot Attrition by Earendel
- Spidertron Tiers by Zangeti
- Stats GUI by raiguard
- Text Plates by Earendel
Mod Dev Team
Krastor - Created ~95% of the graphics, and designed the main part of the mod (and is also its namesake)
Linver - Wrote ~80% of the mod's original code
raiguard - Current maintainer and fixer-upper.
- For giving us permission to use their their graphics for the mod's second tier lab
Bilka and Gangsir
- For the achievement background gear art
- With explicit consent of external use
- Taken from the mod More Achievements (0.5.1 - GNU GPLv3)
- For the K2 theme song
- "nyoko - Flowing Into The Darkness" - Creative Commons license (CC BY 3.0). Music promoted by BreakingCopyright: https://youtu.be/x74grrke9qE, nyoko contact: https://soundcloud.com/redowthered
- For providing the fancy fluid icons
- For help in the generation of light sprites
- For rendering almost all of the light icons
- Some icons and sprites are imported from the previous version of Factorio.
Sounds were produced in-house or downloaded from free internet sources.