|Created:||1 year, 7 months ago|
|Latest Version:||1.5.1 (2 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Deadlock Technologies are pleased to provide you with schematics for heavy-duty Crating Machines, with three tiers of research required to fully utilise them. You may now pack ores, plates and other products into crates and then transport them on normal belts. Some infrastructure development on your part may be required to reap the full benefit. And bring power. Maximum power.
Each tier of crating machine can handle one fully compressed yellow, red and blue belt of raw product respectively. Belt throughput for crated items is boosted by 10x for ores, 20x for plates, and 40x for small items (i.e. depending on the raw resource's stack size), saving you space, materials and Updates Per Second.
Don't like crates and just want raw compression? You lazy monkey. Try the incredible Deadlock Technologies Stacking Beltbox.
- Vanilla wooden chests have been repurposed as reusable crates, using up some of your log mountain.
- Only raw resources and some intermediate products can be packed into crates (unless another mod enabled more).
- Filtering will be required at the unpacking end to stop crates getting into your main production lines. You will also need a reverse line on the bus to redistribute empty crates.
- Crating machines have a high constant power drain, so make sure you scale your crating facilities according to need.
- Packed crates don't have a higher density of resource in inventories, e.g. chests, trains. You may find crating up ores unnecessary if you move most of it around by train. Main buses of metal plates and intermediates, however, will gain a huge boost once you have the necessary supporting infrastructure.
- Loaders are recommended, but not required: you can make this work optimally with just inserters.
Inter-mod support is provided so you can crate up your own mod's items easily. See the readme for instructions and examples.
Third party add-ons
There are a number of community add-on mods which use the API, allowing you to crate up items provided by third party mods. Search the mod portal for "Deadlock".
- Original mod and graphics by Deadlock989.
- Mod now maintained by shanemadden with contributions from Deadlock989 and others.