Date: 28. 06. 2019
- Added Italian locale, thanks to Linver.
- Removed Regroup as an optional dependency.
Date: 08. 06. 2019
- Default icon size for machines and crates is now 64, and crate item icons can now support custom mipmaps.
- It now takes the same time to craft any tier of crating machine (3 seconds).
- Crating machine recipe selection GUI no longer refers to "assembling".
- The DCM API was updated. See README.md or public.lua for details, but briefly:
- NEW: deadlock_crating.add_tier(). This adds (or replaces) a tier of machines and tech.
- NEW: deadlock_crating.add_crate(). This is the same as the former create() call, but icon size is no longer required.
- NEW: deadlock_crating.destroy_crate(). This deletes the crated version of an item and all recipe/tech references to it.
- NEW: deadlock_crating.destroy_vanilla_crates(). This deletes all the default vanilla item crates and all references to them.
- DEPRECATED: deadlock_crating.create(). Consider using deadlock_crating.add_crate() instead.
- DEPRECATED: deadlock_crating.remove(). Consider using deadlock_crating.destroy_crate() instead.
- DEPRECATED: deadlock_crating.reset(). Consider using deadlock_crating.destroy_vanilla_crates() instead.
- Crate creation now accepts a nil technology reference, but you will need to handle the recipe unlocks yourself.
- Removed references to crafting tab subgroups which haven't been used for more than a year.
Date: 02. 06. 2019
- Prevent errors when other mods use a Crating tech prefix with a non-numeric suffix
Date: 02. 05. 2019
- Update for character name changes in 0.17.35
Date: 26. 04. 2019
- Prevent creating invalid recipes with greater than 65,535 ingredients when items have insanely large stack sizes
Date: 18. 04. 2019
- Load API and most other prototype loading in earlier phases than final-fixes
Date: 13. 04. 2019
- Change to using new emissions_per_minute parameter for pollution values
Date: 12. 04. 2019
- Build entity table from scratch instead of copying from assembling machines
Date: 10. 04. 2019
- Updated crating machine render order to fix occasional flickering issues
Date: 26. 03. 2019
- Tier colour mask wasn't rendered properly, now fixed.
Date: 25. 03. 2019
- Fixed a pollution issue. Crating machines now equal the pollution of assemblers of the same tier.
- Rebalanced energy usage.
Date: 21. 03. 2019
- Brand new unique crate machine graphics!
- Adjusted crafting times to match 0.17 belt speeds, so that each tier compresses its respective belt again.
- Updated crate icons to match new wooden chests.
Date: 02. 03. 2019
- Updated for 0.17
Date: 10. 05. 2018
- This is the final version for Factorio 0.16.
- Corrected a "senior moment" which was causing crated items to have an incorrect stack size.
Date: 04. 04. 2018
- Removed logging options. Modders: if you need these, you can edit the value in shared.lua.
Date: 30. 03. 2018
- Crating/uncrating activities are no longer included in production statistics.
- This can't be a retroactive change so you will still see crate production stats in the past.
Date: 28. 03. 2018
- Made the internal structure of the mod properly modular, reducing variable/function scope.
Date: 24. 03. 2018
- Players can now pack and unpack crates by hand, due to new support in the game for avoiding circular recipes.
- Simplified the crate inventory tab to try and minimise space used. Machines are now found on the Production tab.
- Removed an unnecessary layer from crate icons to lessen the rendering effort needed for crates on belts.
- Items from other mods with icon sizes of 64 and 128 are now supported. See modding readme.
- Added a verbose logging option to mod settings so you can see what DCM is doing with your itamz.
Date: 13. 03. 2018
- Fixed a potentially breaking change in 0.16.29 to do with the new fuel emission multiplier.
- To prevent this kind of thing happening again, crate items are now generated "from scratch" instead of copying base item properties.
Date: 04. 03. 2018
- Added two new functions for modders.
- deadlock_crating.remove(string) will search DCM's native technologies for any recipe unlocks with a matching substring and remove them.
- deadlock_crating.reset() will clear all crating recipes from all DCM technologies, leaving only the machine unlocks.
- See the modding readme for more details.
- Addressed a global variable pollution issue.
- If external mods use .create() to add to one of the native DCM technologies, the recipe now appears in the correct subgroup in the crafting tab.
Date: 17. 02. 2018
- If a technology already specifies unlock effects for a stacked item, those effects are replaced instead of duplicated.
- Items from other mods which only specify layered icons are now handled automatically.
Date: 11. 02. 2018
- Fixed broken localisation references.
Date: 03. 02. 2018
- An easy way for modders to make their items crateable has been provided. See the readme pdf inside the zip.
- Research costs realigned with vanilla technologies.
- Research tiers (i.e. which resources are in which tier) now match Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes.
- Research tiers always shown correctly on the technology list.
Date: 31. 01. 2018
- ReStack added as an optional dependency because it insists on making very late changes to vanilla items.
Date: 29. 01. 2018
- Stable version. No further big changes to make.
- Research costs lowered.
Date: 26. 01. 2018
- Power requirements rebalanced, based on doing the maths for equivalent throughput.
- The bad news: it takes more power than before to crate up a big blue bus with Tier 3 machines, and the overhead drain is more.
- The good news: you need relatively less power than before to crate up yellow and red buses with Tier 1 and 2 crating machines.
- If power becomes a problem mid-game, a reminder: smart power switches are a thing.
Date: 26. 01. 2018
- The machine is now a more overt upgrade of a regular assembler, with three tiers of machine, so that crating overheads can be scaled to local needs. T1 can handle a compressed yellow belt, T2 red, T3 blue.
- Recipes, crafting times, energy use, and research costs rebalanced to reflect this.
- Tier 3 crates are no longer steel chests, it was too expensive. All crates are now wooden.
- Icons updated.
Date: 25. 01. 2018
- Crafting tab re-organised, based on the research tiers. Packing machine moved out of vanilla tab.
- Item, recipe, and research icons updated.
- Iron sticks removed from crating. Who wants to shift a million sticks around?
- Research tier 3 now slightly cheaper.
Date: 24. 01. 2018
- Solid fuel, uranium-235 and uranium-238 can now be packed into crates.
- Recipes were moved to their own crafting tab (placeholder icon) and grouped in pairs.
- Icons, names and descriptions were improved.
- The packing machine returns the correct item when deconstructed.
- Crates containing fuel-type items can't be burned as fuel.
Date: 24. 01. 2018
- The machine's entity icon was not the same as the item icon.
- The machine drains power when idle at the intended 50% ratio.
Date: 24. 01. 2018
- Initial release.