|Created:||2 months ago|
|Latest Version:||1.1.16 (10 hours ago)|
You CANNOT install this modification if:
- You can't imagine Factorio without Bob's and Angel's mods.
- You have many modifications and don't want to play without them.
- You play on a potato.
- You have a huge base and don't want to start a new game.
- You don't like the style of Krastorio.
This modification is for you if:
- You want to complicate and diversify the vanilla game, but don't want to turn the game into hardcore hell.
- You play with HR graphics.
- You want to start a new game and try something new.
- You are tired of vanilla recipes, science, resources, etc.
- You love multiplayer. Krastorio is well suited for this, as it doesn't have complex scripts, a huge amount of liquids and an infinite number of similar colored buildings.
Krastorio aims to creating megabases with huge energy systems. It includes new buildings, ores, technologies, turrets, coverings, fuel, ways of producing science and a major re-balancing of many vanilla things, but this mod more likely complements the vanilla game, rather than change it. I wanted to keep the vanilla gameplay with minor complications, as I was tired of large and complex mods. You can look at some buildings in this video and on this page. When developing the mod, the priority was optimization. There are no complex scripts or anything that can break your game. The mod does not affect UPS/FPS. Krastorio will not break your multiplayer game.
I've added the ability to convert ores into matter. However, this is not as cheating as in other mods and requires an insane amount of energy, time, and new production chains. Also you can turn on "quality of life" tweaks like long hands, an increased inventory, or bonus items when you start new game.
STARTING A NEW GAME is not necessary, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED because Krastorio changes almost all recipes, technologies and parameters of many buildings.
Attention! Krastorio doesn't have low resolution sprites, except for the coverings.
See here: Krastorio Trello
Highly recommended mods for improve the gaming experience:
These mods are tested and work fine. They were also tested in a multiplayer game.
- Side Inserters
- Longer Days and Nights
- Vehicle Snap
- Flow Control
- Fluid Must Flow developed by us
- Alien Biomes with HR textures
- Bob's Enemies - But don't forget to turn off the alien artifacts in the mod settings, without could be some issues playing.
- Space Exploration (Integration Control) - For those who also play with the Space Exploration mod, is suggested with all options active.
- Should be compatible with all small modifications (with some exception).
- Bob & Angel & Pyanodons mods? Short answer: no, complete answer: see FAQ.
- Space Exploration? Short answer: yes, complete answer: see FAQ.
- AAI Industry? Yes
- Resource Spawner Overhaul (RSO)? Yes
- Squeak Through? A bit, not tested completely
- Some of Bob's mod (like bobequipment) will get conflict running with Krastorio, compatibility with Bob's mod isn't planned
Finally, many thanks to Factorio developers team.
Also, special thanks to Pi-C for the help!