Hi, I wanted to report what looks like a possibly missing link in Muluna's titanium production chain.
I translated my idea via ChatGPT, so let me know if there's anything weird expression or words.
First, I understand and appreciate the general design of Muluna in the rebalance. The surface restrictions, machine/process restrictions, and limited local resources create a different production puzzle instead of simply allowing the full AngelBob production chain to be rebuilt normally. I don't think those restrictions themselves are a problem.
However, the titanium chain looks like it may have one unintended missing step.
Titanium ore can be produced locally on Muluna through the normal ore-processing chain. For example, refined saphirite sorting can produce titanium ore.
From there, the production chain appears to lead naturally toward proper titanium metallurgy rather than requiring the slow and inefficient titanium plate support recipe:
Titanium ore
→ normal titanium processing
→ Titanium ingot
→ Titanium ingot + Aluminium ingot + Tin ingot
→ Molten titanium
→ Titanium plate
→ Titanium pipe
→ Muluna rocket parts
The aluminium and tin ingot parts of this chain are available, but as far as I can tell, there is no recipe for producing Titanium ingots in the Muluna furnace at all.
So even though I can locally produce titanium ore, I cannot actually process that ore into titanium ingots. I end up with titanium ore sitting unused while having to produce titanium plates through the much slower and more expensive support route instead.
This feels different from intentionally restricting the more efficient metallurgy recipes. Even if the advanced titanium recipe were intentionally unavailable, I would have expected the basic titanium processing chain leading to Titanium ingots to exist, especially since the game provides a local way to obtain the titanium ore in the first place.
For that reason, I wondered if the Titanium ingot recipe may simply have been missed when the Muluna furnace recipes were added.
If so, it may also be worth checking whether any other ingot chains have a similar issue, where the normal metallurgy machine is surface-restricted on Muluna but the corresponding Muluna furnace recipe is missing.
A few additional observations from playing on Muluna
(not necessarily requests for changes, just some gameplay feedback):
- Manganese ingots
I noticed that the Muluna furnace does have a recipe for Manganese ingots.
This made me curious: is there actually a way to produce manganese ore locally on Muluna, or is this recipe intended for manganese imported from another planet?
I may simply have missed a local production route.
- Nitrogen gas and full local self-sufficiency
Another interesting limitation I encountered was nitrogen gas.
As far as I could find, the only available production route uses atmospheric gas, which cannot be produced locally on Muluna. This prevents some production chains, such as the silicon ingot chain, from becoming completely self-sufficient.
I actually found this kind of limitation interesting rather than necessarily something that needs to be changed. I mention it mainly because I spent quite a while trying to see how far Muluna could be pushed toward complete local self-sufficiency.
- Space platform foundation support route
I also noticed that, besides the regular space platform foundation recipe using 20 titanium plates, the cheaper/support production route is restricted to space-platform surfaces.
While playing, I thought it might be interesting if that support route could also be used on Muluna, or perhaps if its surface restriction could be removed through later research.
At the moment Muluna feels somewhat similar to Aquilo in that continued imports remain necessary even after developing the planet. That is not necessarily a problem, but it left me wanting to push Muluna's local industry further because the planet already provides most basic resources, and Angel's Bioprocessing can solve a surprisingly large number of the remaining resource problems.
That is also why the missing titanium-ingot step stood out so much to me: the ingredients and production systems seem to be there for a proper local titanium chain, but that one connection appears to be missing.
Thanks for continuing to work on the integration. I have been having a lot of fun figuring out how the AngelBob production chains interact with the different planetary restrictions.