HEAVILY MODDED Modpack

by Kaserik

Over 200 fully compatible and balanced mods in one regularly updated modpack! Space Exploration, Cargo Ships, Rampant, Cats and so much more - just click yourself through the dependencies; For a better overview divided into gameplay, combat, transport and quality of life improvements. Tested in multiplayer as well!

Mod packs
1 year, 2 months ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Enemies Environment Mining Fluids Logistic network Circuit network Manufacturing Power Storage Cheats

g Crude Oil: just in the waters

1 year, 2 months ago

Hello,

My group have invested about 15 hours into a playthrough on this modpack and have just noticed: we cannot find any crude oil on the map! Tags indicate locations that SHOULD have crude oil, but no resource spawns are actually present. At the moment we must resort to core mining to get crude oil. Could my world generation have gotten bugged?

Other than this, really enjoying the modpack. My group is not too experienced but it is very fun and in depth so far.

1 year, 2 months ago

Had same problem but was able to find Oil in water so probably CrudeOil on land disabled by default?

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Yes, crude oil is disabled on land, so you have to go to the waters (but the map marker mod still marks the removed land oil fields, unfortunately).
There are some nice new mechanics to learn; cargo ships, exploring the oceans, building oil platforms, etc. Finding the oil may be far away sometimes, but you're right, deep core mining can help you while you're in a boat looking for it. And since you're safe in the water, longer distances are a patience issue at worst.

I hope you will continue to have fun and strike oil! ^^

New response