X-Mod is a modpack centered around X-Logistics which adds much greater variety to long-distance logistics and generally provides a few extra challenges to vanilla gameplay. It is not a large step up in complexity from the base game so it makes for a great 'Vanilla Plus' experience.
The logistics rebalancing is provided by X-Logistics. The remaining functionality is provided by the other dependency mods but X-Mod applies its own changes to improve integration between them (currently most integration changes are done by X-Logistics).
- Deadlock's Crating Machine
- Water mods
- Cargo Ships: large inventories for transport across water; oil rigs for drilling oil in the ocean
- Canal Builder Simplified: allows placing shallow water adjacent to existing water
- Beautiful Bridge Railway for Cargoships
- Underwater Pipes: construct offshore oil rig infrastructure with less landfill
- Auto Track Laying: particularly helpful for placing waterways
- Hovercrafts: easier navigation across both water and land
- Spidertron Patrols: another logistics alternative
- Power Overload: makes power distribution more of an interesting challenge (optional)
- Nuclear Fuel: more variety in late-game power generation
- Beacon Rebalance: makes beacons more interesting
- Just Another Greenhouse Mod: automatically grow wood for crates and rails (and consequently production science)
- Sand & Glass
- BZ Lead
- BZ Titanium
- Larger Lamps
- Island Start: provides island/continent generation to X-Logistics map preset
- Robot Attrition: discourages transportation of crates by logistic bots, which is otherwise impossible to balance (optional)
If you want more of a challenge then I'd recommend installing some more BZ Ore mods.
I've deliberately not included any quality-of-life/helper mods. Feel free to install any that you like. Personally I'd recommend Factory Planner, Factory Search, Recipe Book, Cursor Enhancements, and Even Distribution.
I don't expect X-Mod to work with any overhaul mods (such as Bob's+Angel's, Krastorio2 and Space Exploration).
Other small-to-medium mods will probably work, although may break the intended balance.
I'd love to hear any feedback you have, such as suggestions of additions, changes, or removals that you think would improve the modpack.
Full list of changes
Most changes are now implemented by X-Logistics.
- Added glass to deadlock large lamp and floor lamp recipes