|Created:||a month ago|
|Latest Version:||0.0.6 (4 days ago)|
The Ships are remodelled cargo wagons pushed by invisible locomotives (ship engine). You can enter and leave ships pressing SHIFT + ENTER. Automatic routes can be set when selecting the ship engine.
Since the ship engine gets added automatically when placing a ship, you need to leave some space for it to spawn and build ships on straight tracks only (east-west, north-south).
NOTE: If you have trouble leaving the ship, check the control settings
Also check out the mod in action on Xterminators mod spotlight: https://youtu.be/Ft1bdb0xZWs
- massive cargo ships that can use automated routes
- oil tankers
- deep sea oil and oil platforms. oil spawning settings can be changed via the modsetting gui.
- buoys and ports (rail signals and train stations)
- water ways (rails)
- increase the reach distance while holding waterways, buoys, ports etc. can be adjusted via the modsettings
- maybe bridges
- maybe ore silos and cranes for rapid loading and unloading of ships
MostlyNumbers' mods CanalBuilder and Hovercraft add content that nicely complements this mods' additions.
- placing ships at the end of a track, on a curved track or a diagonal track might lead to a wrongly placed or missing ship engine
- placing ships close to another ship on the same track might cause the ships to get joined like train wagons
- its possible to run trains on water-ways and ships on tracks. This happens since different rail-categories are (not yet?) implemented by the base game
- Deep sea oil does not show on the "generate preview" screen when starting a new game
- ship loading pumps need to intrude one tile into the actual tanker ship, in order to reach the connectors of the ship. (they don't collide with any objects, making this possible). Only three spots towards the middle of the ships actually contain connectors, the pumps have to be placed at those positions.
Let me know if you run in any problems not mentioned here
-(for now) removed player-level from oil_rigs collision mask. this resolves a issue, where for some player the oil_rig was not placeable
-increased water way stack size
-added lower options for oil frequency spawning
-added light to the tanker and cargo ship
-again fixed a bug when mining an oil platform on factorio version < 16.40, this time really
-corrected collision masks of oil platform
-added missing locale entry
-added the possibility to disable deep sea oil (select 'none' for frequency)
-fixed a bug when mining an oil platform on factorio version < 16.40
-added configurable deep sea oil
-added oil platforms
-added a land based version of the port
-added dynamic reach increase while holding waterways, buoys etc.
-added oil tankers and ship loading pumps
-added infrastructure for ships (waterways, buoys, ports)
-added cargo ships