- Use the patrol remote to create a series of waypoints
- Open the inventory of a spidertron with waypoints to see the schedule editor
- Docks connect to a spidertron standing above them and share its inventory, so that inserters can interact with the spidertron
- Circuits wires can be connected to docks to allow its contents to be read
- Spiderling is a slower, smaller and weaker spidertron unlocked by chemical (blue) science
- Added so that patrols and docks can be used before the spidertron is unlocked at the end of the game
- Spidertron Enhancements is a required dependency which, amongst other features, allows you to open a spidertron's inventory (and patrol schedule) from anywhere whilst holding a connected remote by pressing
Shift + E
Known Bugs / Limitations
- Each patrol waypoint can only have one wait condition set. If you need more, you can usually just set multiple waypoints in the same position, each with a different wait condition
- Spidertron docks cannot be filtered so if you connect a spidertron with filters in its inventory and the inventory becomes full or nearly full, items can be lost (not possible to fix because it requires this API feature - please post there in support)
- For performance reasons, when items with associated data (such as modular armor) in a spidertron inventory are taken out of a connected dock's inventory, they lose all their data. This loses all the equipment in that armor's equipment grid
- Waypoint markers cannot be seen in map view (not possible to add because it requires this API feature - please post there in support)
- Performance is good, but not insignificant:
- Docks are limited so that only 20 are updated each tick. Adding lots of docks will simply increase the update delay for each dock instead of reducing UPS
- Spidertrons waiting at waypoints also add to the mod update time. The "Inactivity" wait condition is particularly expensive
- If you are running into performance problems, send me the save and I can probably make some improvements to the mod to help you
- Incompatible with Spidertron Logistics System due to some bugs in that mod
- Progress bars for wait conditions inside schedule user interface
- Shortcut that toggles spidertron "Automatic"/"Manual"
You can help by translating this mod into your language using CrowdIn. Any translations made will be included in the next release.
Replaces Spidertron Waypoints.
Thank you to: