Allows you to to move items using Spidertron
The Spidertron Logistic Network is a mix between trains and logistic bots.
Spidertrons carry huge numbers of items and travel directly to requester or provider chests.
How to use
- Place the Spidertron logistic controller in a Spidertron
- Set the logistics request in the requester depot
- Fill a provider with items
- Place a spidertron logistics beacon to connect all entities
Normally a mod like this would be just an even better version of logistic robots.
Instead there are limitations that allow Bots, Belts, Trains, and Spidertrons to be viable together.
- Logistic Spidertrons move at 20% normal speed
- Requester and provider depots are 3x3 entities
- Requesters only request one type of item
The result is that spidertrons are great at medium range bulk transfer, for example transporting copper cable around the factory or smelting.
They are beaten out by trains at long range. Once trains are fully accelerated they have better throughput.
- Any modded Spidertron can also use the logistic controller
- Providers will always use the nearest Spidertron
- Spidertrons will always fill the largest requests first
- You can force a spidertron to only pickup certain item types if you limit all the slots in its inventory (middle-click)
This mod only runs once every four seconds. It also involves drastically less entities than belts or bots.
Equipment Gantry by Earendel
Allows for automatic production of logistic spidertrons