Adds Titanium ore to the game, and allows production of Titanium plates. This mod is more of a "Vanilla+" type mod than a true game changer.
If you enjoy vanilla factorio but want something a little bit more complex, try out this mod! If you're starting a game with a compatible mod (such as Krastorio 2) and want to add an extra resource, try it out! If you enjoy this mod, see Lead for a similar mod with more of an early game focus.
However, if you are looking for another Bobs/Angels or Pyanodon, this mod won't scratch that itch (though it will provide a few minor tweaks to those mods!)
The biggest change to the base game is that Flying Robot Frames and Low Density Structures now require Titanium Plates instead of Steel Plates. Out of the box, Titanium ore requires Lubricant to mine. The mining fluid is configurable in mod settings, and research prerequisites and costs are adjusted to match.
Supported compatible mods:
- Space Exploration and AAI, with Titanium added to several "space" recipes and vulcanite block titanium smelting.
- Krastorio 2, including enriched titanium, matter conversion, and several recipe changes.
- (beta) Bob's Revamp mod (without Bob's Ores or Bob's MCI), for a "mini-bob's". For full Bob's/Angel's see below.
- Other big modpacks including 5Dim's, ModMash Splinter, and FactorioExtended Plus (FE+)
- Several popular transportation mods including Aircraft, HelicopterRevival, Jetpack, etc.
- Several other popular mods including: Deadlock Stacking, Deadlock Crating, Deep core mining, Memory Storage, etc.
Loosely compatible mods:
These modpacks are now compatible in that they will load with Titanium and enhance compatibility with other mods. However, this mod makes very few direct changes to these modpacks. If you have any suggestions for further changes, let me know!
- Pymods (loose compatibility with Pyanodons Raw Ores, see below)
- Bob'sAngel's (loose compatibility with Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates and Angel's Smelting, see below)
Many other mods are fully compatible, just not yet supported.
Localization thanks to thinOptimist (RU)
Detailed list of changes
(Steel plate changed to Titanium plate unless otherwise noted)
- Flying Robot Frame
- Low Density Structure
- Steam Turbine (Titanium added)
- Heat Exchanger (Titanium added)
All base-game "equipment" that used steel, any modded equipment that has "equipment" in the recipe name, including:
- Portable Solar Panels
- Belt Immunity Equipment
- Discharge Defense
- Energy Shield
- Night vision
- Personal Battery
- Personal Roboport
Space Exploration mod items:
- Alternate Low Density Structure recipe
- Space Transport Belt
- Space Underground Belt
- Space Splitter
- Space Pipe
- Space Rail
- Space Platform Scaffold (Titanium added)
- Aeroframe Bulkhead (Titanium added)
- Lattice-pressure-vessel (Titanium added)
- (with Deadlock Space Exploration bridge) Space loader, space stacking beltbox
Krastorio 2 mod recipe changes
- 10x Titanium ore yields average 2.5x titanium plates (16 seconds in stone furnace).
- 10x Enriched Titanium yields 5x titanium plates. (Requires Enriched Titanium tech)
- 9x Titanium Ore + 10 HCl + 25 Water yields 6x Enriched Titanium and some dirty water. (Requires Enriched Titanium tech)
- Advanced Tech Card uses "Flying Robot Frame" instead of "Electrical Engine Unit" to incorporate titanium changes.
Rare metals changed to Titanium Plate for:
- Electric mining drill mk2
- Advanced Transport Belt
- Advanced Loader, if enabled
Steel Plate changed to Titanium Plate for:
- Quarry Drill
- Singularity Lab
Stack Inserter & Stack Filter Inserter
Advanced Steam Turbine (Titanium added)
- All steel used in aircraft changed to titanium.
- Titanium added to afterburners.
- Depleted titanium ore fields leave behind titanium ore patches, deep core ore chunks can produce titanium chunks.
ModMash and FE+
- Mod's version of Titanium replaced with this mod's Titanium.
- A few additional minor recipe changes.
- Adds Titanium dust mashing and smelting.
- Titanium added to several higher tier recipes.
- Uses Pyanodons Raw Ores version of Titanium.
- Makes all applicable updates.
Note that because LDS and flying robot frames have different recipes in Pymods, this mod's experience is just a minor thematic tweak in this case, and mostly affects equipment, and any other compatible mods such as Aircraft, Jetpack, etc.
Bob's Revamp only
- Similar to vanilla, but Titanium applied to more recipes. Some recipes are not updated. Suggestions appreciated.
- Uses whatever Titanium is provided (Bob's or Bob's+Angel's)
- Makes some applicable updates
- Tries not to break Bob progression, so in many places, steel is left as steel instead of using Titanium.
- This ends up as the barest of tweaks, but it won't break.