This mod adds lead ore to the base game. Lead is an early game resource. It's meant to make the early game a little more challenging without fundamentally changing it. It also adds small amounts of complexity later in the game. Lead can be mined without fluid and by hand. Smelting lead ore will yield lead plates, with copper ore as a byproduct.
If you enjoy vanilla factorio but want something a little bit more complex, try out this mod! If you're starting a game with a compatible mod (such as Krastorio 2) and want to add an extra resource, try it out! See Titanium for a similar mod with more of a "mid game" focus.
Supported compatible mods:
- Space Exploration and AAI, with lead added to some items required for sciences.
- Krastorio 2, including enriched lead , matter conversion, a few recipe changes, and Rich Rocks Requiem.
- Other big modpacks including 5Dim's, more support to come...
- Other popular mods including Deadlock stacking, Deadlock crating, Deep core mining
Other overhauls that do not add lead as a resource may well be compatible, but I've not checked yet, so be warned.
I also plan to add "thematic" compatibility for smaller non-overhaul mods as I'm able. Suggestions welcome!
Detailed list of changes
Lead plate replaces iron plate unless otherwise specified
- Firearm magazine, shotgun shells
- Pipe to ground
- Storage tank (replaces some iron)
- Uranium fuel cell
- Gun turret (replaces some iron)
- Big electric pole (lead added)
- Substation (lead added)
- Electric furnace (lead added)
- Solar panel (lead added)
- Rifle magazine, pistol magazine, anti-materiel rifle magazine
- Crusher (replaces some iron)
- Advanced Furnace (lead added)
- Both larger fluid storage tanks (replaces some steel)
- Pulveriser (replaces some iron)
- Secure Canister (replaces some copper)
- Industrial furnace (lead added)
- Material testing pack (lead added)