Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
18 hours ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Why was Spidertron nerfed so much?

3 years ago

1: It can't launch nukes anymore, they don't fit its rocket launchers.
2: It now requires fuel and accepts only DT fuel cells.
3: 10x6 equipment grid in vanilla was only available in Spidertron, but in Krastorio other vehicles get equipment grid and they get more of it.

Why was it nerfed so much in factorio? It's the high end tech and should be op.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

Is not anymore the more "high end tech", also was not balanced with the K2 gameplay/overhaul. This will not change.

3 years ago

Is not anymore the more "high end tech", also was not balanced with the K2 gameplay/overhaul. This will not change.

Could you at least allow Spidertron to fire nuclear missiles?
Jumping in and out of it just to fire them is weird.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

I will think about it but seems a bit overpowered :)

3 years ago

I will think about it but seems a bit overpowered :)

Nah, The Tank is overpowered, if you see something while driving The Tank, it's dead. ^_^

Spidertron was pretty much only useful for comfortable nuke launching and sending it remotely to build stuff.
Losing the nuke ability, turns spidertron into a builder bot with an ability to defend itself.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Looking better this happen because it use the "light-missiles", nuke was moved on big missile launcher.
About the weapon nerf, is not complelty true, because now the spidertron can install the K2 equipment that is very more powerful than vanilla, also u can fight together with the spidertron, and this make it more powerful, because character have a powerful arsenal.

I have not enough reasons to identify this as a bug, and I don't want unbalance the game without testing, I'm sorry.

Ps: also make one slot that use the big missiles instead of light-missiles will nerf the spidertron in case that want be used as figher and not as artillery.

3 years ago

Also if you want to use nukes in a spidertron in K2 Spidertron Extended's Mk3 spidertron uses the Heavy Rocket launcher instead of the standard one if K2 is active. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/spidertron-extended

3 years ago

Also if you want to use nukes in a spidertron in K2 Spidertron Extended's Mk3 spidertron uses the Heavy Rocket launcher instead of the standard one if K2 is active. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/spidertron-extended

You sir, just made my day.
Thank you. ^_^

3 years ago

Now I just need a way for my spidertron to collect (or at least remove) creep... the virus leaves such ugly holes in the landscape.