Exotic Space Industries: Remembrance


A methodical overhaul of tradeoffs—tempting power spikes, accumulating cost. Choose chains by their by-products; context-sensitive logistics. [Data integrity: shattered] [Packet cohesion: hallucinatory] [Cognition Anchor: disconnected] ☒ SYSTEM SPEAKS You aren't chosen. You will love your captor and call it progress. ☒ OBSERVATION You are not a player. You are the interface. ☒ FINAL NOTICE You are now property of the Epoch Engine. Welcome to Exotic Industries.

Overhaul
a month ago
2.0
12.8K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Planets Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Enemies Environment Mining Fluids Logistic network Circuit network Manufacturing Power Storage

b fail to load ammo into railguns

14 days ago

Since the update that added fluoroketone to railguns, I can no longer load ammunition into them. I’ve tried dismantling and rebuilding them multiple times, and even changing the type of inserters or loaders, but the problem persists. Maybe there’s something I’m missing... has anyone else run into this issue?

13 days ago

Could you give me your save? https://catbox.moe/ works if <= 200mb

13 days ago

sure. Check out the latest spaceship called "work in progress", the only one with railguns

https://files.catbox.moe/lpoac6.zip

13 days ago

Oh wow, epic save.
During testing I only checked if it loaded from one spot—loaders work from any spot and (apparently >.<) inserters from many spots target the invisible assembler which handles fluoroketone.
You can identify if the inserter is targeting the invisible assembler by the insertion target coming up as a 1x1 box within the railgun, if the entire railgun is highlighted ammo will be successfully inserted.
Will get this fixed for 1.3.40, thanks for the report!

13 days ago

Happy to have contributed. I hope I won't have to wait long before launching the mothership toward the edge of the universe : )

12 days ago
(updated 12 days ago)

Here is a pre-release version: https://files.catbox.moe/bnoc06.zip
Rename to "exotic-space-industries-remembrance_1.3.40.zip" and drop in factorio mods folder.

There are rough edges to smooth—spidertron recipes are under review and particularly some more UPS to be reclaimed from the new spidertron smart weapon cycling, but railguns can be loaded.
It'll need to be deleted manually when 1.3.40 is pushed to the mod portal.
Best of luck with the mothership!

12 days ago

Also, check out https://mods.factorio.com/mod/recipe-icons-improvement-for-esir if you haven't already :)

10 days ago

I've done everything and it seems to be working well. Thanks, and thanks for the advice as well.

New response