Blueprint Sandboxes

Temporary Editor-lite permissions in Lab-like environments for designing and experimenting.

Content
12 days ago
Blueprints

g [WIP] Logistics infinity chests

1 year, 10 months ago

Is it possible to add logistics versions of the infinity chest? In particular a requester that destroys its contents, and a passive provider or storage chest that offers its contents to bots.
It would also be nice to have a massive-area infinity substation. In factorissimo all factory floors have power coverage over the entire floor built in, so when working on blueprints for them, adding poles/substations is not necessary.

1 year, 10 months ago

These are both great ideas. Before I start on them, I have a few comments/questions I'd like to get your feedback on.

For the infinity-logistics-variants, I've also been wondering about this, but I have two things holding me back: Editor Extensions handles something like this, and I don't want users creating Blueprints from the Sandbox that they could never paste back into their world (that Editor Extensions also applies here too). However, this just sparked an idea: would you be happy with the Sandbox (optionally) automatically handling Logistic Requests (in Requestor/Buffer) for you? You could still use the same Requestor Chests in your Blueprints, they would just "fill in" while inside the Sandboxes.

For the gigantic substation, I'm wondering if I could "automate" this or if it's better to leave it entirely to the users. For example, I could have it only exist if Factorissimo is installed, and the "default" Sandbox (when you Reset it) would use that instead of the normal variant. Maybe even better is to support a specific Factorissimo Sandbox if that's installed, like how the Space Exploration provides more Sandboxes?

New response