Blueprint Sandboxes

Temporary Editor-lite permissions in Lab-like environments for designing and experimenting.

Content
13 days ago
Blueprints

i Resources running out when used - restock when placed, void when picked up

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

When I take a block like a roboport, I am only given 10 units. They are running out when building.

Is it possible to restock when placing? Basically make it impossible to run out of an item when building.

Additionally, is it possible to support voiding an item without picking it up into inventory when destroying? Currently there is a possibility for a player to pickup items (with <kbd>F</kbd>) into inventory making it problematic when the inventory gets full (e.g. filled with artillery shells): they spill on ground, print "inventory full" errors, clutter ground in the place of destroyed item.

By accident I also encountered another problem somehow linked to inventory β€” fast belt drawing with obstacle avoidance is unavailable if player is missing underground belts in the inventory. One potential solution to that is ensuring that player at all times has underground belt variants in the inventory if he equips belts. Another is skipping inventory altogether if posible.

New response