Blueprint Sandboxes

Temporary Editor-lite permissions in Lab-like environments for designing and experimenting.

Content
18 days ago
Blueprints

g [Bug] Minor bug with item inventory transfer between surfaces

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

Hello! I had a lot of items in my inventory in the sand box mode but when I shift-b to the normal world (where I also had a lot of items), it somehow said "i had too much items" and it spilled a bunch of them on the ground, including some infinity pipes and chests. I think bringing in those cheat items into the real world is not intended of course.

I was using IR3 with its fuel manager on, but i don't think that was part of the issue. Do you know what might be causing it? I can do more investigating if need be.

11 months ago

This is not intended or expected, so I'll treat it as a bug. I couldn't replicate it with some quick testing of my own, so could you upload a save that's "primed" to cause this?

11 months ago

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s65k58lr3wn3iiy/bug%20test%20labs.zip?dl=0

Here is an example save file. If you leave the blue print lab you immediately spill pipes.

11 months ago

This is related to the Ritn set of mods that you have installed for swapping characters. There's a weird interaction between the characters and forces which only happens when those mods are loaded. It's not the code that this mod is running that spills the inventory, it's likely some interesting out-of-order expectations in the game, that mod, or this mod. When that mod is installed, it listens/reacts to quite a few of the same events for forces, players, and surfaces, so there's much more going on when the character transitions. I'm not really sure what I could do about it, unfortunately.

11 months ago

Oh, I forgot to mention that there is a small workaround. There's a configuration setting for some "extra" inventory slots while in the sandbox - it's 30 by default and it's also related to the problem. Normally, taking you out of the sandbox, swapping to your normal character, then swapping forces does not cause any problems. In this case, some extra things seem to be in the middle of those, causing those 30 slots to be removed while you are at your other character. If you dial that setting down to zero, there's no extra slots, so there's nothing that will be removed by losing the slots you don't have anymore.

11 months ago

Thanks! I'll make the change. Thank you so much for the help.

New response