Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
5 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Construction Drones

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Construction Drones MOD is recommended but it has been deprecated. Should we remove it from the list?

2 years ago

To add to this replace it with Companion drones which is the successor mod.

2 years ago

A bit late, but for what is worth: I'm using the Updated Construction Drones version from here -> https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Updated_Construction_Drones, and so far I had no problems!

The drones ara amazingly efficient and don't get stuck very often for me, but I have patience when I give commands and wait until they are done with them until I give them more commands. Perhaps that allows them to be less derpy for me!

2 years ago

Construction drones often had a difficult time pathing to the target, especially where pipes were involved, which as I understand it is why Klonan made Companion Drones into flying units.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Yeah that's true! That's why it's often recommended to pair them with Squeak Through! I had no problems with them in my current Krastorio 2 game at all... been using it for something like ~50hs or so until I finally implemented personal bots.

With Squeak Through enabled, the only thing that blocks them completely are walls... you often have to cut a small section of the wall so they can pass again, but that's not much trouble usually, since it's easy to pick up the wall and let the little drone pass and place it again.

The fact that they have some trouble navigating around IMO gives them way more character and it's kind of a counterbalance to how powerful they really are at the start of game! 30 of them can easily build a complete smelting array (6 columns, in my example) in less that 30 to 40 seconds (assuming you have all the mats on you, ofc.)