Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

i Stacked recipes for end game designs

3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for a great mod, it's been providing many weeks of fun.

In my current playthrough (designing a 10k SPM base), I've run into issues where a heavily moduled and beaconed advanced assembler (crafting speed 64.5) does not produce at the expected rate. Specifically, I'm expecting 180 gears per second, however, I'm only getting 111 to 113 per second. This confused me, since some of the other designs (quantum computers making tech cards) are running at crafting speed 90. After investigating a bit, I noticed that the output in the assembler consistently sat on 2 gears, never changing as long as input and output remained available.

This led me to think that it might be an inherent Factorio limitation w.r.t. how quickly a crafting cycle can be completed, a limit on cycles per tick. Having tested this with multiple machines and in both modded and vanilla Factorio, and the max amount of items/crafting cycles per machine per second remaining stable at around 112 cycles per 60 ticks (true for anywhere from 10 UPS to 1800 UPS), it seems that it is indeed an inherent limitation.

Given that stock K2 can easily exceed this with the shorter cycles such as gears or electronic circuits, I would like to suggest additional/alternative recipes that produce a larger stack of items, e.g. 10 gears every 5 seconds. Same ratio, just possible to use at the very high speeds. I confirmed that this trick works by cranking a quantum computer up to crafting speed 517.2 for 180 cards per second, which duly produced at the expected rate. I can supply a test save where I did my testing if you want to see for yourself.

While I am trying to figure out how to implement this myself (never modded for Factorio, but it is something I want to learn), I feel that it is something that would benefit anyone who wants to go to a megabase or similar in K2.

Again, thanks for a great mod!

3 years ago

Hi PietersieliePC,

there is a Mod for that, which is listed in the "recommended mods"-section of the description.
It is called "Schall Recipe Scaling" (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallRecipeScaling)
This should resolve you problem :)

Have a nice day

3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks a lot, that solves my problem nicely! Must have missed it, appreciate the pointer.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The next version of K2 will include changes to address this. Crafting time of all chemistry and intermediate recipes will be increased to a minimum of two seconds, and the inputs / outputs will be adjusted to maintain the current ratios. So ratios will be unchanged, but this issue will be worked around.