Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
20 hours ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Modded Spidertron Equipment Changes

3 years ago

Probably too specific but could you maybe also apply the available equipment changes to modded spidertrons as well? Mainly thinking of this one https://mods.factorio.com/mod/spidertron-extended. I would've done it myself but I'm very bad at coding and didn't understand how to do it.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

Ask to the mod author to apply a compatibility script when krastorio is installed, is enough that he checked:
if mods["Krastorio2"] then
compatibility
end

He can find what he need to adjust other spidetrons in:
Krastorio2\prototypes\vanilla-changes\mandatory\entities-changes.lua in the end of the files

In particular,

These are the fuel modification:
data.raw["spider-vehicle"]["spidertron"].energy_source =
{
type = "burner",
emissions_per_minute = 0,
effectivity = 1,
render_no_power_icon = true,
render_no_network_icon = false,
fuel_inventory_size = 1,
burnt_inventory_size = 1,
fuel_category = "fusion-fuel"
}

This is the energy movement_energy_consumption in K2:
data.raw["spider-vehicle"]["spidertron"].movement_energy_consumption = "3MW"

This is the equipment grid used by K2 for the standard spidertron, he can copy only the equipment categories if they have bigger grid size:
{
type = "equipment-grid",
name = "kr-spidertron-equipment-grid",
width = 10,
height = 6,
equipment_categories = {"universal-equipment", "robot-interaction-equipment", "vehicle-robot-interaction-equipment", "vehicle-equipment", "vehicle-motor"}
}

We will not produce new compatibily files, but I'm glad to give this necessary information for do it.

3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response and for this great mod in general :D

3 years ago

Spidertron Extended 0.1.4 - Added compatibility for Krastorio2, thank you for the explanation on how to do it, it made it really easy to add compatibility.