Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

i K2 + SE 0.3 Discussion

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I should note that the current version of k2 kills the current version of SE (0.3) :(
1. The ability to recycle resources into matter and vice versa should be limited to the starting planet. Otherwise, there is no need to fly to another planet for the unique resources of SE 0.3.
2. No need to make planets / moons / asteroid belts with resources from K2. It is simply pointless, as long as any resource can be processed into matter. You can just fly to the nearest empty moon, then how it is rich in processing into matter and sculpting anything from it.

Linver ☆
3 years ago

In the latest version of Space Exploration Postproecss, it should set the matter tech to be after deep space science, so they would need to go to different planets to unlock that option.
Maybe are u using a 3rd party mod and it is massing up the tech tree?

3 years ago

You're right. Point 1 is not relevant.
Then I propose another point 1: to make top-level military technologies more accessible. For what's the point of laser artillery so late? By the time when it can be obtained, it is absolutely no longer needed. By that time, you have already gained a foothold on several planets with conventional artillery

3 years ago

Hi Kuka, I have been moving some K2 things earlier in the tech tree. I agree I probably need to move the laser artillery earlier than it is, the current position is too late. Would you like to suggest a specific position for it in the tech tree? Also I have a channel dedicated to these discussions on my discord server if you'd like to join the conversation. https://discord.gg/ymjUVMv

3 years ago

I think it’s ideal to get all of K2’s military and energy capabilities no later than the start of expansion into space.