Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Will the graphics of the drills be updated to match new Factorio version?

3 years ago

The new drill graphics of vanilla looks pretty cool. Would be nice to see the Krastorio versions of MK2 and up be updated to match the new graphics.
Is this planned for the next version?

Really awesome mod btw! So complex but fun :)

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

I have already done it. I'm wait to update the mod, maybe some bug or compatibility are necessary, this is the actual changelog:

Version: 0.9.22
Date: XX.06.2020
  Changes:
    - Adapted electric mining drills (vanilla, MK2, MK3) sprites with the Factorio 0.18.31 update, now the MK1 drill use the old sprites, the MK2 and MK3 use the new one. They "can" change again in future when we have more time to fix the sprites.
    - Reduced the yield of imersite poweder by crushing imersite crystals to reduce infinity glitches with productivity modules.
    - Removed specified version in the internal K2 folder name as feature of Factorio 0.18.31 update (Factorio 0.18.31 or higher will be mandatory from the 0.9.22).
    - Improved angels compatibility, unified coke system and made some combustible fluids burnable in the gas power station.
  Fixes:
    - Fixed some (maybe all) angels compatibility crashes.

Also I don't know where Krastor finish the update for the graphic resources.

3 years ago

Why only for the Mk2 and up though? I get the idea of it being a visual upgrade, but to me it looks jarring and inconsistent to keep the old sprites just for the Mk1, especially since the new vanilla electric drill redesign looks like more of a natural evolution of the burner drill.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

U have right, in vanilla the electric one is an upgraded burner drill, but because we have more drill tiers, we try to not waste the available sprites. Now is clear that they are upgraded version, and will be more clear to the new Factorio users.

3 years ago

Hm... so now after I update the new Krastorio version all my MK1 drills will look like the old ones? I must say its really hard to go back to the old graphics if you have seen the new graphics.
I am thinking of not updating to the newest version now :-/.

But I see your point that you dont have enough sprites. Isn't there someone who can create an upgraded graphics of the new vanilla drill so we can get rid of the old graphic completely?

3 years ago

I don't understand the sprite issue... the new drills are tintable, so it should be trivial to do upgraded versions. The Mk1 drill was the new graphic yesterday, and worked just fine. What changed between last night and this afternoon to make them not work? Factorio was not updated... <.<

Definitely 100% prefer the new graphic.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The new graphics STILL for the MK2 and MK3 drills, we don't remove it, we try to diversify the 3 available drills

3 years ago

wait, so the reason for the incompatibility with Squeak Through is because the electric mining drill was changed back to the old graphics/model? I don't understand why that's a "won't fix" issue. Isn't that error caused by the fact that the krastorio2 mk1 drill has a different model than the mk2/mk3 in 0.9.22?

I still don't understand the reason for changing to the old graphics for the electric mining drill mk1 though. It was working fine in krastorio2 yesterday on 0.9.21, and I downgraded from 0.9.22 to 0.9.21 today and everything works fine. every other type of machine in factorio that has a mk2/mk3 is just the mk1 with a different color, it's confusing to have the mk1 drill not follow that same convention, in my opinion

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

Is caused because Supercheese didn't think that a mod can mark excluded some entities (from is modifications to the game) in the same fast replechable group. Factorio want that each entity that can be fast replechable with another, they must have the same collision box. This is the report of the bug:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Squeak%20Through/discussion/5ee38709d53815000c50f2e5

I have contact Supercheese for fix this on the Squeak Through side, because who modify the collision boxes should check if his modification change the state of the game from a STABLE STATE to another STABLE STATE. KRASTORIO with more than 30 mods (and two big overhauls), change the game state from a STABLE STATE to another STABLE STATE, is Squeak Through that do a unsafe modification in the game state, and then the game crash. I don't want blame Supercheese, bug happens, shit happens, always, in fact like for many other bugs I try to collaborate with another modder to solve the problem... but in this case, why, I have to add a patch, for an error, of another modder?!

But ok, YOU (and other guys) WIN, I WILL FIX THIS IN THE 0.9.23, also if isn't my business, yeeee! For the drill appearance, I will ask survey what is wanted from all.

To conclude this amazing thread, I'm very tired about a mod user community, that know more how blame modders that apprecie their effort, and Krastor is tired more than me, many times we have think to close the Patreon and stop modding, u all adding drops on an overflowing vase, u did it happen before, I don't know when but earlier than planned. Thanks all guys.