Schmitt | Bob Angel All You Need Modpack ⭐

An "all you need" mod pack! This mod pack is well balanced. It is based on Bob and Angel mods, together with further interesting game changing mods and a well thought collection of quality of life mods.

Mod packs
4 days ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Enemies Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Storage Blueprints

g ✅ Too much wood for science packs

4 months ago

Hey.

Just want to check, since the mod pack seems very focused on automation, like not allowing hand crafting — is the initial science packs (steam science pack and automation science packs) meant to require so much wood? Considering you can't automate wood until the arboretum tech, that's a lot of tedious manual wood harvesting you're meant to do. 😅

4 months ago

Hey.

Just want to check, since the mod pack seems very focused on automation, like not allowing hand crafting — is the initial science packs (steam science pack and automation science packs) meant to require so much wood? Considering you can't automate wood until the arboretum tech, that's a lot of tedious manual wood harvesting you're meant to do. 😅

Maybe you are right. I double check this.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

You refer to the white steam science packs correct? Your suggestion is simply removing wood from the recipe? Refers to the mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Complex_Science_Pack_Recipes which I then have to adjust.

4 months ago

I have deleted 'wood' from the steam science pack recipe now. Just update your https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Complex_Science_Pack_Recipes mod.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

It was a question more than necessarily a call to action, but thanks!

I was speaking about both science packs, because the automation science packs also require large amounts of wood due to needing power poles, the basic circuit boards (which take wood for wood boards) that are used in several of the recipes and, until you get algae farms, you also need wood for cellulose fibers, but I guess the pressure on wood is still significantly reduced when removed from the steam pack.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

Do you use Nano Bots to get wood? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Nanobots

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

I would, but their research is gated behind 250 steam/white and automation/red science packs (logistics 100 and nanobots 150), and at that point, I might as well go for arboretums, which only take 90 by comparison (basic algae processing 10, automation 50, washing-1 10, composting 10 and arboretum-1 10).

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

I would, but their research is gated behind 250 steam/white and automation/red science packs (logistics 100 and nanobots 150), and at that point, I might as well go for arboretums, which only take 90 by comparison (basic algae processing 10, automation 50, washing-1 10, composting 10 and arboretum-1 10).

Would you say its too hard at the moment? And if so: Do you have specific suggestions how to change/improve it?

4 months ago

I'm enjoying myself so far, but the amount of wood you manually need to harvest is fairly substantial. It helps if you go explore a bit and find yourself some of those special Angel's trees that give you 100 wood + the special tree item when you chop them down, but they're few and far between of course.

I don't know what would balance this early game wood requirement properly. I was also extra unlucky ending up spawning in a desert with a rather sparse amount of trees around. But I think I'll still be able to grind my way through to the arboretum tech without giving up. 😅

4 months ago

I'm enjoying myself so far, but the amount of wood you manually need to harvest is fairly substantial. It helps if you go explore a bit and find yourself some of those special Angel's trees that give you 100 wood + the special tree item when you chop them down, but they're few and far between of course.

I don't know what would balance this early game wood requirement properly. I was also extra unlucky ending up spawning in a desert with a rather sparse amount of trees around. But I think I'll still be able to grind my way through to the arboretum tech without giving up. 😅

So spawning a few more of those 100 wood special trees could balance it better. Or I make trees richer of wood in general so that manual tree harvesting is worth more wood...

4 months ago

Trees now bring you 10 instead of 4 wood. (And wood is again an ingredient for steam science packs)

New response