Exotic Industries: Official Modpack

The official modpack for the Exotic-Industries mod series. Only contains the recommended mods as dependencies. Add Quality of Life mods as you see fit.

Mod packs
2 months ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Enemies Environment Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Prototype names contain characters that cause sprite dump to fail

10 months ago

Hi there, I'm attempting to build support for this mod pack for the FactorioLab production calculator.

Some internal prototype names in this mod pack contain the character ':'. While allowed by the game, this character is not allowed in the Windows file system as part of a file name, which is causing the Factorio dump-icon-sprites command to fail to dump some icons from this mod pack. As an example, one of the problematic names is "ei_solid-fuel:residual-oil".

One of the developers has suggested to just not use that character in mods if you want the sprite dump to work. I'm requesting that the dump command do something at least a little more elegant than the current behavior, but I thought I would at least try to reach out to see if that might be something you would consider.

Link to bug report: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=106734

10 months ago

Hi there, I'm attempting to build support for this mod pack for the FactorioLab production calculator.

Some internal prototype names in this mod pack contain the character ':'. While allowed by the game, this character is not allowed in the Windows file system as part of a file name, which is causing the Factorio dump-icon-sprites command to fail to dump some icons from this mod pack. As an example, one of the problematic names is "ei_solid-fuel:residual-oil".

One of the developers has suggested to just not use that character in mods if you want the sprite dump to work. I'm requesting that the dump command do something at least a little more elegant than the current behavior, but I thought I would at least try to reach out to see if that might be something you would consider.

Link to bug report: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=106734

Hello,

I did not had icon dumping in mind when making these. I could check how many of EIs prototypes use ":", but i fear that there are quite a bunch. Depending on how many there are, esp. in some scripts I could change the ":". Lets first wait if there could be an easy solution for the dump command, as this will not only affect EI.

8 months ago

FYI, it doesn't look like there will be any change to the dump command for now. The issue in the forum has been moved to "Pending" and there doesn't seem to be any momentum to address the issue in the game engine.

I don't expect you to address this in the mod code (and don't feel that you should have to), but I unfortunately won't be able to support Exotic Industries in FactorioLab because of this issue.

New response