Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

i Polluted water is pumped as Dirty Water

2 years ago

Okay, so an idea recently came to me. Dirty water is a neat resource, right? What if it was used to make a dynamic change to one of the game's most plentiful resources: Water?

Pools of water will turn green and gucky with pollution, but as far as gameplay is concerned, it's merely an asthetic feature. I propose that water inflow pumps in heavily-polluted tiles should instead pump Dirty Water. This would need to be filtered to become usable, using the existing recipes for the Filtration Plant. Of course, this would be quite a hindrance in the early game when such tech is unavailable, so managing water pipelines from cleaner areas of the map to your factory would be incredibly important.

As a bonus once you get the tech, you are rewarded for filtering the water with extra resources (already in the mod as filtration recipes). Or, you could use pollution filters to get ahead of the curve and simply keep the water-pumping tiles clean and tidy.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

This would be absolutely awesome. However, polluted water is purely a visual feature, so there's no way to tell what water is polluted or not. I could investigate scripting it in, but I can't promise anything.

2 years ago

You could simply use the chunk pollution value instead of some missing water pollution index value