Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Recycling red rifle ammo

2 years ago

I just got to Uranium ammo and found out as a kind of nasty surprise that you can't recycle your old red ammo like in vanilla in this mod :'(

I got thousands upon thousands of them created (ahem, I might have forgotten to cap a container or two...) and nothing I can do to recycle them (AFAICS the Crusher doesn't give you back anything either.)

In my mind, it would make sense to be able to at least crush them and get back some basic mats, not sure which, or maybe, even a recipe to downgrade them back to yellow rifle ammo at the cost of having to lose some of them in the process? You could at least recycle them to Uranium ammo via the yellow you get from the downgrade.

Feels bad having to throw them all away.

2 years ago

I was thinking the same about defunct tech cards. On my first K2 play through I hadn't twigged that you stop needing the early tech cards and any you have produced become useless. On my second play through I knew this, but found myself with thousands of them surplus to requirements all the same. It should be possible to at least wipe the cards and reuse them as blank ones, right? But it's not. Putting them in the crusher just gets rid of them entirely... bit of a waste.

2 years ago

Yeah agreed! That would be a cool change too.

What I did in my game was to setup a 'backup' research hub with old labs (normal and advanced) and brought all of remaining tech cards there via bots (so I don't have them wasting space in my logistic storage!)

Because it often happened to me when installed some mods mid-playthrough (an example of this was 'Aircraft' mod that I recently added) that I had to research several old techs to unlock them, and then I needed those old cards back in old labs!