Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Fuel for the car is way too late to be useful

2 years ago

I started playing Krastorio 2 a few days ago and I'm at the start of the game ~10hs in... really enjoying the mod so far and everything is really well made and intuitive to figure it out.

The only thing that baffles me is the Fuel for the car... i.e. you unlock the Car after getting red science and can build it immediately, but you are effectively locked out of using it since you don't have any way of making fuel for it.

Then the second thing that baffles me, is the fact that there's two recipes for Fuel and BOTH are gated behind blue science... when one of them (the most complex one) seems as if it would be the one you'd want use until you unlock the final one (from Light Oil) once you unlock Adv. Oil Processing.

IMHO it would be better if the first one (the one that requires solid fuel + hydrogen) were somehow available before unlocking Blue science, just not sure how... or, else, make the car be able to use just solid fuel made from petroleum but give that option some kind of disadvantage... not sure if that's possible.

Having to slowly walk the map due to not having a vehicle available until the very late early game is really annoying :/

Just my 2 cents, as feedback. Everything else I found out to be extremely well done and really great to learn and implement in game... it's just the lack of car that's annoying.

2 years ago

Sorry... my bad... I'm an idiot. I just found out that I have the Water Electrolisis recipe that produces Hydrogen available even without Blue science. I'm not sure why I thought that wasn't available until after researching Atmospheric Condensation... I guess I looked at the recipes with FNEI and saw Hydrogen coming from AC and not the other one, and I just stopped looking.

Now it makes more sense... in my mind it didn't make any sense not to have any Fuel for the car at all until Blue Science, and now as it is it's all good!

Sorry again for the noise!

2 years ago

Fortunately you found your solution quickly.